Me and my b/f have been trying to conceive and I was just wondering if it is possible to get pregnant anytime of the month, even when I'm not ovulating. I know I've heard that sperm can live up to five days,but besides that is it possible?

well the way i see it, the phrase "you can conceive any time of the month" usually refers to women who cannot predict when they are ovulating, or have irregular cycles and could be ovulating any time of the month. because not every woman has the same cycle, and it is a phrase that I mostly use to discourage teenagers who want to use the rhythm method as a kind of birth control and assume the 14 day rule for ovulating without monitoring their fertility. silly people.

but anyway, really there is only a small window of days a woman can conceive, ranging from around the day before to four or five days after ovulation, for the best chances of conceiving you should monitor your fertility, get ovulation kits, check your basal body temperatures or cervical mucus to know when you are ovulating,

but then you get women who aren't trying to conceive, and try to get away with having unprotected sex based on national averages or rough estimates of when they might be most fertile, and of course if they aren't monitoring their fertility medically they could be ovulating any time of the month without realising. resulting in unplanned pregnancy.
THAT is why we say you could get pregnant any time of the month to people. because they just dont know.

yes, sperm CAN live in optimum conditions such as the womb for up to five days waiting for an egg to be released, as observed in medical testing,

I heard a pregnancy has been recorded from a sperm life of 8 days before, dont hold me to it though, in fact it was probably a case of the woman ovulating too early when she didnt realise it again!

but hey, no harm in doing it more often is there!

It is definitely possible. I got pregnant the day after my period had ended. by the time i realized i missed my next period (which was only after being a few days late) i went to the doctor and I was already 3 weeks and some days pregnant