Hello, I am 63 years old and just got out of hospital. I feel very happy that I did not stay there permanently, concerning my age. I had a very serious operation on my intestines; actually, doctors removed one part of it that was affected by tuberculosis. How I was infected there with that disease, I do not have a slightest idea. Will I have any more problems with that atypical tuberculosis?

Tuberculosis of intestines and bones are forms of atypical tuberculosis that happen from time to time. You are lucky to leave hospital with your medical problem solved. Many of patients do not survive these serious conditions. Especially bone tuberculosis is dangerous since it affects spine and could damage it permanently. When we add the fact that source of tuberculosis is resistant to many strong antibiotics, you really have many reasons for happiness.