Couldn't find what you looking for?


Hi, I'm a 13 year old boy, I'm not circumcised and I have very tight foreskin. I can't pu it back past the head and I was told when I was eleven by my GP that I'd need circumcision. Is there anything I can do (apart from going to the doctors) to make this normal? Thanks


User avatar
Health Guru
9603 posts
hi, first of all I would suggest when you take a pee to pinch the end of your foreskin shut so when you pee the urine fills up inside your foreskin and that will help clean in under it, your probably need to do it four or five times each time holding the tip shut for 20 to 30 seconds that way it will help soften the Smegma. then after you have done that start with some gentle stretching exercises on the foreskin. If you would like more help just mail back an I'll be happy to give advice :-)


Hi Banana12345:

Your GP is wrong. You do NOT need a circumcision. In fact you are normal for your age.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. One can help it develop by stretching it.

The goal is to have a foreskin that glides smoothly back and forth so as to provide maximum pleasure.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.


I would talk to your mom or dad about what is going on and go back to see your doctor and ask him if the problem can be fixed without doing a circumcision. Bring the information you can find on resolving the problem without surgery and ask if it will work in your case.
Please remember that your doctor told you that you should be circumcised based on the fact that he examined your penis and has seen exactly what the problem is.
You and your parents could also ask him to set up an appointment with a specialist and explore alternative ways to fix the problem.
All medical conditions are not the same and what works for some does not necessarily mean it will solve your problem. I think in your case the best thing to do is what is recommended by your doctor or a specialist if he sends you to one as they will be making their decisions based on examining you and what is going to be best for you.
This may be able to be sorted without surgery but they are the ones that need to make that decision and I would encourage you to go back to see your doctor as soon as possible.
Best of luck.


soak your penis in warm water. like use a something you can put your penis into and let it soak in warm water for 5 minutes and then slowly peel the skin back so you can start stretching the foreskin. helps with cleaning under your foreskin.