Symptoms include the following – lightheadedness, abdominal cramping, chest pain from indigestion, indigestion, pain in right side rib cage area, air and bloating, gassy, stools (early morning regular then a few loose ones) from 1-4 times a day (the average being 2-3), body aches, joint aches, numbness in legs, vision seems a bit off, chills here and there, headaches, fatigue, feeling thirsty primarily afternoon through evening, and last but not least, right testicular pain (I am a man). Usually this starts off with frequent bowel movements and very frequent urination and indigestion. This will last about a day, then the frequent urination drops off. A few days of abdominal cramping and indigestion and frequent soft stools. The latter half is usually just fatigue, feeling out of it, very minor cramping if any. It can last 4 days to 3 weeks. Each time is different. I have been visiting the doctor and a GI and nothing so far. I know this is something going around hence we are all here. But what is it ?!?!? I took some antibiotics for 3 days called Rifaximin which seemed to really clear me up…. But it came back. Maybe I did not have enough antibiotics? I take probiotics daily, have been alternating both vegan and a vegetarian diet the entire time. My wife has it, I think my kids may have it but they are too young to really tell. It does not seem to be contagious but i have no idea. I have had both blood work and stool testing, and they all come back perfect.

I want to start documenting this so please let me know if any of this sounds like something you may have.

I have had these EXACT symptoms for the past 3 months..I had a 2 ct scans w/and w/out contrast. I went to an ob at first because my glands were swolen in groin but turned out that I havd a yeast infection. I know know the yeast is caused by the imbalance in the gut. This flu has spread to my Son in the form strep and also my Mom. thu a U.I. There is a bacterial relationship with all infections. None the less Drs. dont seem to have a clue. I have been tested up and down for everything and came back fine. I have lost 40lbs in the past 3 mo! I have been put on a liquid diet because of all the negative G.I symptoms. Some other symptoms include; low grade fever, muscle twitching and pain in my legs total loss of energy (like I have the flu) I have also taken antibiotics and they did to help some, but when Im done w/the course the symptoms come back. Also: sore throat, severe swolen glands in my tounge. I have found that pro-biotics help alot with this and swear that somthing is deffinately wrong. Before this, I was the picture of health...but if you look around on-line ppl are comming down with this left and right! If every one could pool together somehow somthing could be discovered. The GI wanted to do a scope but he was afraid of how 'sick' the cleanse would make me. I totally agree sense I have blood in stool and get low grade fevers and a spastic colon. Good luck...I have yet to get better and now my husband has it too. I wouldnt complain except the symptoms are never ending and my Son is now suffering with it.

interesting on the antibiotics. i am taking them now, curious about the outcome. one of my co-workers took antibiotics and he has said the symptoms have not returned. wonder if some antibiotics are better than others? I am coming up on 6 months with this, off and on. this has to be something, but what is it? what is the long term outcome? why are the doctors clueless?

its like all the mucous membranes are inflamed...from mouth to anus and for women, the pelvic cavity...

my boyfriend has it and has been suffering for 2-3 months...i've had it for 5 weeks...i thought i was pregnant at first, but it was just the beginning for the nausea, head cold, burning throat, ears, stuffy head, light headedness, stomach cramps, extreme fatigue, lapsing in and out...back to extreme nausea, yeast infections, swollen glands...

countless doctor's test of stool, blood, urine...all NEGATIVE. medical doctor's don't know about it, don't document or research it...seems like they never heard of it..'it will go away'...hey! i have to work and function!!! who the heck has ever heard of totally healthy people coming down with the flu for months on end?!?! never! never! in the middle ages maybe, but then you just died of bubonic plague.

GERM WARFARE?!?!

i have close to all of that mins a constant head cold and burning throat.