Is there such a thing as a male yeast infection. Twice in the last year I have been on antibiotics for pnuemonia and bronchitis and both times I noticed extreme sensitivity in the urethra while having sex or urinating. I was check for STDs and am clean, as is my partner of the last two years. What could be the cause?

Hi
Women frequently get vaginal yeast infections when they are on larger doses of antibiotics. This would lead me to believe that a man would be vulnerable to yeast infections as well. Consult with your doctor for treatment of the yeast infection. I wouldn't worry, this is probably very common, but you can get that confirmed. The yeast infection will have to be treated separately so get help right away. I'm sure that you are very uncomfortable and frustrated with suffering one problem whose meds have created a second problem. The good new is, your problem can probably be easily treated. Good luck !

Male yeast infection is widely misunderstood and is a much overlooked disease today. Most men will go through life never knowing that they have a candida or fungal infection because it is extremely difficult to detect since men are built different than women. Women will get a vaginal infection and this is the clue that things are amiss in their body. Whereas men will have absolutely no idea they may have a male yeast infection until it creates other problems with their health. The more common symptoms of male yeast infection are constipation, bad breath, bloating, indigestion, frequent intestinal gas, frequent diarrhea, very loose stools, sexual dysfunction, irratibility and mood swings, fatigue or lack of energy, memory loss, jock itch, dry itchy flaky skin, athletes feet, and prostate problems.

Did you get a diagnosis? If so, have you found a treatment that has worked; one that doctor's feel will keep the problem under control? Did the info about males and yeast infections help you feel better about things? I hope so, I am anxious to hear what the doctor has said. If you did not get answers, have you tried a second opinion. Please let me know how things are going for you. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.