I had a cold, or at least that's what I thought but now I am not sure anymore whether this is bronchitis or flu? I thought my cold has finished but now a week after I feel even worse-I can't stop coughing and this cough is accompanied with chest pain and I also feel like my chest are burning and I also have a headache. My sis says I might be having bronchitis or flu so I am not sure what could this be. I also am coughing this yellowish green mucus and my throat is sore. And all this lasts for about 10 days do you think I should go see a doc for it doesn't seem like it would go on its own?

Of course you should see a doc for you need the proper treatment so that is why the right diagnose is needed. I once had bronchitis and I remember I thought it was flu for the symptoms are somewhat the same so you better go see a doc just to check out if your bronchial tubes are inflamed. I was treated with antibiotics for my bronchitis was provoked by some bacterial infection that have started to spread toward my lungs and at this point I was risking to get pneumonia but all was fixed with antibiotics. Maybe it's that you just have viral bronchitis or flu and in both cases I think the treatment is the same-you don't need no antibiotics if it as about some virus you just need to have rest without going anywhere and avoid physical activities, take a lot of fluids and provide yourself good nutrition-that is essential in treating both bronchitis and flu.

I would recommend that you see your GP for a proper diagnosis for either acute bronchitis or influenza (flu). If that is the case they should prescribe you with antiviral medication as antibiotics will not cure either as they've come from bacteria.