Hey can anyone answer my question I posted yesterday but here goes again I started my period on august 4th and it last till the 5th and it was normal..so on August 19th--23th my husband and I had sex and he did do the deed and I didn't take my birth control pills for 4 days and I have been skipping a couple more as well I didn't take the pills the days we had sex so could I get pregnant from that? I however did start my period on Sept 2nd-5th and it was a hole lot different then what it is usually on the 31st of august I woke up with cramping which hurt really bad I thought mybe it was implantion the egg but what do you think? and now for 3 days I have been feeling sick to my stomach like I need to just throw up..and I did once and I get sick around some foods..so How long does it take to get pregnant if you did miss those pills on those days and could I get pregnant from missing those birth control pills?and when can I take a test to find out? anyone out there that could help.

Health Advisor
anyone out there that knows anything about what I wrote about missing birth control pills could you please right back!!!

Health Advisor
does anyone answer the post about unprotective sex? sorry just wanting to find out any kind of information.. Thanks all that is reading

Anytime you miss birth control pills, you automatically run the risk of getting pregnant. Your dates sound like they fall very close to ovulation which occurs roughly 14 days after the first day of your last period. If those missed pills fell into these days, you could very well be pregnant.
Now you say you had a period 9/2 thru 9/5, was it a full and heavy flow? Implantation bleeding is accompanied by some cramping and it could look any where from pink tinge to brownish discharge. Feeling sick at your stomach is a clue as well as the site of food not agreeing with you. Pregnancy does not happen in a snap, it is a process that takes some time.

You can try an HPT now if you think that what you had last week was not a real period or you can wait until you miss the next one all together. First Response puts one out that will pick up the pregnancy hormone 5 days before you actually miss your period.

PS. I forgot to mention this. If you think that you may be pregnant and are still taking your bc, you should discontinue the pills and use a back up form of protection, like a condom.

Thanks for your help and yes the period I did have was really weird I had a lot of cramping and I never had cramping before I even start my period and yes my period on the 2nd - 5th started out brown then went to red and was heavy..my other periods are not like that..could that be my body getting rid of the blood but it was heavy for like 2 days then went normal like i was not even on..so should I wait

I think that if you had a heavy period at first then it switched to lighter, i would say wait a while. I personnaly don't think your pregnant, but i am not a doctor. I would never tell you, no you are not pregnant. Wait a bit, figure out when your next period would be and if you see nothing then try an HPT.
Because you are not precise with your bc, you are throwing your body off and this makes your hormones get wacked out. You should take your pill at exactly the same time every single day, or don't take them at all, as you are confusing your cycle.

Heidi, do you have an update for us? Did you ever decide to take a pregnancy test to see where you stand or are you doing okay? Let me know, okay?