im a 46 female and I've been having unusual stomach pains and very heavy feeling. ..even making my chest have a heavy feeling. ...not sure how to describe it really but I've never experienced any real stomach pains before especially so high and definitely nothing more than a momentary kinda thing but this has been pretty constant for 2 weeks now and tonight both my stomach and chest feel the heaviness and the pain in my upper stomach is really bothersome. I've hardly been able to eat and feel full even when i know I'm hungry. All I've been able to eat is maybe a bowl of grits for breakfast with my milk and sometime by evening i just eat a buscuit just to get something down that doesn't make me feel worse. I tried having a few pieces of turkey rounds on cheese and a cracker....nothing heavy or greasy and after a cpl i felt horrible like i could get sick. I'm starting to worry that 2 weeks is probably not just some bug but going to the doctor is a real challenge with my spine disease, so thought I'd see what ideas might come up here. I wouldn't worry so much either if i ever had stomach problems before this so i really don't know what to think. Right now i feel as if I'm stuffed but i ate one buscuit about 5pm and it's 2:30am now. I don't care for the heaviness i feel at all especially in my chest. It seems to be my whole upper stomach up to my chest area at times like now.

Any ideas or suggestions? ?

Hi Jayne

I have a close friend who has been suffering from upper body pain and the back pain is another trauma that she has been going through. The stomach pain along with some days of constipation has also been her problems along with stomach cramps. The pain used to get worse during her periods.

Even the GP and the hospitals were not able to diagnose or successfully treat the pain issues. The stomach issues, we sorted out with herbal treatments which was complemented with calcium and B6. An healthy diet is what they all prescribe, but it is not that easy.

Heating pad and hotwater bottle as usual did help her loads.

Thanks. I'll definitely try that because it's starting to get old. I have back pain too but mine has been around for many years, so I can't tell if it's causing any pain there because there's already so much. The eating thing not going so hot right now but I totally agree with that. It almost feels like everything is twisting up in there and just causing so much pressure. I think if I was stuck with a needle it might blow because I also am feeling completely bloated and heavyness....ugh. thanks again. ..at this point I'm open to anything.

How is your sleep? Do you manage to get a good nights sleep at least? Memory foam mattress does help with the blood circulation. I understand the stress that you are going through as I have seen how people suffer from pain. Massage chairs or asking someone who is close to you to let release some of the knots in the muscular areas will help too. :)

My sleep is nearly non existant and when I do grab some, I fall asleep at really odd times of the day.....it nevery stops, but since having advanced Degenerative Disc Disease of my spine, and the pain that comes with it, then losing my 9 year old son unexpectedly 5 years ago....I just can't sleep at night and now it's even hard to catch up on any during the day either. But now with weeks of this terrible stomach pain, it's just added another reason to keep me awake. If not for my back, I'd make a dr appointment, but I can barely make my monthly appointment for my back, getting out and getting ready takes a lot and is so painful now with this extreme pain, I can barely do anything but curl up in a ball and just breathe my way through it. I really thought it'd be gone by now but it's not.... another really strange thing that's also happening, my upper stomach is really poof yet hard as if I've been eating extreme amounts of food when I'm lucky if I can eat a small bowl of grits in the morning and a plain biscuit in the evening ....the only things my stomach can handle, just plain, non greasy easy on the stomach stuff...though I'd prefer it not be a biscuit for the second item, for obvious reasons but nothing else will go down. ..I just need something dry and plain, little flavor. I just hope there's nothing wrong. ...but I really wish I could just get myself together to get to the dr. It sounds so eas but the back pain is so extreme, I'm practically bed-ridden. Thanks for responding! I appreciate any advise or suggestions!

I wish I could afford a new bed or matress. When I found out I had this spine disease I spent everything I had on a new bed and just bought the best I could in a small town with nothing but a Westco

Talking about your situation is a way of healing too. There are many out there who we do not about, like you etc who are suffering in silence. Are you in a sunny/warm climatic area? The rays of Sun does help with it infra red rays. I remember the upper back body massage and that used to take at least about 45 minutes to complete so that it can be relaxing. It can also hurt when the muscles etc are tender and very sensitive due to the pain.
They do have a top up layer about 12" thick made of memory foam that may be a good alternative. That is only if you not bought one of those already.
I remember the number of pain reliving (so called) sprays, balm ointments etc that she used to use just out of frustration. So I can understand a just a bit of what you are going through.
Muscular skeletal pain and syndrome is what they referred to her situation.
A BIG HUG TO YOU IF THAT HELPS.

Anything helps...thank u. And I'll think about the memory foam though I'm pretty broke for all that and my bed already sits very high and when I have back surgeries I have to use a stool made especially for me to get up into bed without further injuring my spine and surgical stuff. I have seen a lot of the 3" memory foam toppers for around $100 ..I wonder if they work at all?? Probably not, I'm sure my solution won't be cheap or even affordable at this point but it's definitely good to know. I do hear a lot about memory foam being hot? That's probably why I never checked much into them, but I have no clue whether that's a fact or not. Thanks so much!! :)

Not too sure if that is really going to help. But, it kinda allows you to sleep well instead of placing most of the weight on specific areas. It helps to spread the weight around the mattress thus distributing the pressure.. It sure does help with blood circulation. Hot, yes I guess it can retain the heat. As for me, living in England, heat is always welcome as the weather is generally cold here. If the weather is very warm then of course we have the option what to wear to sleep. :).
How have you been these past few days? I really do hope the situation improves for you. I do.