I am a 22yr old female who has been suffering on and off for 5yrs!.

for the first 4yrs i had an anual episode that lasted about 4-5hrs til my body was so exhausted from the pain and crying that i fell asleep but it would be finished with when i could sleep.

This last year it has come 3 times and it doesnt stop when i get to that point and sleep... i end up waking up at 2am sobbing and wanting to call an ambulance but this is my problem...

the first 3 times it happened i was taken to hospital then ONLY thing that seemed to help was morphine. the doctors though couldnt seem to figure out what was wrong with me so they let me out when the morphine did its thing...

Now i have come to breaking point where i am missing work and seriously need to find out what is going on with me. If someone could please tell me where to go for answers i would really appreciate it... the doctors arent that much help i went in yesterday and they just took some more blood...

My symptoms are:

1st symptom- my mid section starts to ach-as if someone has a rope tied around my mid section from front to back and makes it tighter and tighter as if my insides are being squashed.

2nd sypmtom-I start to get this sick feeling in my upper stomach specificly the triangle area where the middle of your ribs stop. if you push your fingers in side you will feel like your going to be sick. i personally think the hot and cold feeling comes from this

3rd symptom-Getting cold and hot but my actual tempreature being fine, personally i think this come from the sick feeling in my upper stomach.

4th symptom-Mid/right side of my back (half way between my spine and side)... this is the worst of them all.. it feels as if some is holding an organ of mine in their hands and squeezing it till it pops...

Please help me i am so desperate this pain cannot come back because i cant handle it and i know its only a matter of time before it comes back!

:-(

I have been getting this too.. the only lead I have so far is that the symptoms match up with a gall bladder attack.

Hi, I'm 54 and I have the same thing and it started when I was your age. I suffered for almost 30 years. The episodes start to get more frequent. Long story short here is what I figured out just 2 years ago which has finally given me relief!!! In fact I'm having an episode right now but it will just be mild. I take Bromelain, the 500 mg capsules from Vitamine Shoppe. I tried the 1000mg tablets but they don't work so I stick with what works! I am so experienced that I can feel the first "pinching" in my upper intestines within 10 minutes if it's going to start after a meal. Then I pop 2 Bromelain. I wait 20 minutes. If it's not gone I take 2 more. Wait 20 minutes. Take another 2 more if necessary. I've gotten all the way up to 8. It doesn't hurt but it sure helps! It's a protein digestant. I think our bodies do not make enough enzyme to digest the food properly sometimes. I find that it happens several days in a row and then blessed relief for a few days. Good luck!

I have the same problem.  Please post if you find any answers.  And good luck to you.