About a year and a half ago I started getting sever back pain in my upper right side of my back (right below the shoulder blade) before I would start my period. It use to last for about 4-6 hrs. Now I get it when I'm ovulating, and for a couple days in a row before I start my period. It is so bad that I can't do anything but toss around on the bed and it last for 6-12 hours...sometimes only dulling during the day and come back late at night. it's always at night but will last through 6 am or so.
Every once in a while it makes me throw up and it's all yellow bile that comes up. The pain is not sharp, its almost a dull burning and constant pain...and my stomach the same........I usually can tell when its coming on because i start with indegestion. But the main pain is my back and then during this I get hot flashes also.
I have tried heating pads and icy hot....I now take a couple motrin and a couple tylenol pm to try to sleep but it doesnt help. I have even tried my husbands pain pills once when he had surgery and it didnt help.
I'm miserable for a few days a month and really need to know what is going on. I work 54-69 hours a week so i just dont have time for the doctor if I don't need to. A few nights I have thought about going to the hospital.
Every few weeks i get really faint driving to work and have almost passed out at the wheel, thank gosh i car pool w/ my husband and he has been able to take over. Not sure if that is linked with it or not.
If anybody knows please just reply....please

Sounds like gallbladder problem. Speak to a doctor about getting an ultrasound of your gallbladder as it could be gallstones.

Did you ever find out what was wrong? I've been having the same problem like every other month.

i have the same prob too

Try stretching ur back by exercising. If that doesn't help, try wearing a neck collar. I 've the same pain. I bend & try to touch my toes with my fingers. As this stretches the back muscles and nerves, it provides some relief. Even a neck collar helps to keep the spine aligned & alleviates the pain.

I have an EXCRUCIATING pain like a heart level in upper/middle spine area. It only starts right before period. And this recently started 3 months ago.....I'm 34. It's not the gallbladder for me. I had a full abdominal & vaginal ultrasound. Did you ever figure out what yours was? Were you pregnant?

I literally just started having this pain last night didnt know what it was but burping seemed to help. Finally it subsided but started again today and I started my period and Im in the worst pain ever now. Im 41 not sure what the heck this is but Im calling my gyno tomorrow. Im miserable :( :( :(

could be a rare form of pneumonia

What did your doctor say? I'm having the same problem.

Having the same issue! It has never been this bad.

Could be endometriosis of the lung

It's rare only because its misdiagnosed. I'm going through the process of figuring this out now. That's the area of our lungs that is hurting. Has anyone with these symptoms have issues with fertility?

I'm also 41 with this same problem. The pain is so bad I feel like my back is gonna break a certain way I move and it only comes on before ovulation and before and first day of my cycle .. I had a friend that just went through the same thing it was cyst on her ovaries so I'll be calling my gynecologist to get this checked out

Did you find out what was happening to you? I am having the exact same issues

Sounds like endometriosis/diaphragmatic endometriosis