My father does not stop complain about moving pain inside upper extreme left part of stomach. He told me how this pan is not constant and often causes gas. I am sorry because I look at him and cannot help. I can see it really bother him, this pain as pinch, how he described it to me. Can anyone tell me what it could be and did anyone find solution.

I can tell you that I had the same kind of pain, and still I have it. Sometimes, I feel that pinch-like pain on left side upper extreme stomach. Beside this, I have and some burning pain in upper abdominal area. I had thousands tests done while I was taking Prevacid. No matter my doctors tried to help me, it seems that my symptoms are getting worse. What was annoying me was that all tests were coming up normal. They tested me for Helicobacter Pylori, which was present. The symptoms of upper extreme left stomach pain like pinch never went away. I also felt the nausea and the pain worsened when I was hungry and after eating. I found a doctor who told me that I have a peptic ulcer so now I will start with therapy. I hope he will soon discover what it could be with him, but definitely take him to the doctor; they will help him as soon as they found out reason for his problem.

I was having pain in the upper left area of my stomach. It was really severe for a while. When I was in trhe hospital I explained the problem to a gastroenterologist and he told me it was COSTOCHONDRITIS. This is where the sternum meets the rib cage. It can be very painful at times.
It is a form of arthritis.

I have had those exact symptoms and pretty much same treatment from doctors... I have had so many tests done to help figure out whats up with my stomach.. I have had multiple ultra sounds, CT scans, Upper GI's, and a lower bowel follow through... through the ultra sounds doctors found two ovarian cysts.. those were taken care of with surgery.. however i still have the problem... i have also found I have acid reflex but i am on nexium for that which isn't the same pain feeling as the stomach pinching and burns... I randomly will begin gettin really hot and light sweating and my stomach will start burning and feels like everything is cramping up... Doctors can't figure it out.. but i'd love to figure it out soon!

Well, everyone has figured out what the pain is and how the pain can cause internal gas, sweat and throwing up. However no solution. Ive been taking Nexium for 3 years and still have the same pain you all describe. Scope shows Gastritius(0-10), about 7. Ive had about 7 of them, sometimes they find an ulcer too, it soon goes away but the pain doesnt. Esoofical(sp?) errosion, Im told that is where the real pain comes from. Solution, eat right, take the medicine, live a healthy lifestye. My doctor prescrbed Liberix, which is for IBS but it is to be taken 30 minutes before eating and before bed. Nexium I take 2 times a day(40mg), taking any more wont help any more according to a friend who is a sr. Scientist at Astra Zenica. Life sucks to live with this pain, but it is a dease and it is for life time. You must not eat more than 3g of fat per sitting, eat little at a time, let it digest, eat more. Exercise. Drink only water, little milk maybe(skim). Drinking Alochol makes me feel good for the night, however I will pay for it with pain for 3-4 days after. Ive been looking for a cure for 3 years, but I think that I have to live with it for the rest of my life. Any suggestions?

Regards,
_[removed]_

8) you know i have been fighting this acid reflex thing for 5 years. it all started with whipped capicino for breakfast and a pint of wisky for dinner. my doctor says it can be cured without surgury, a peptic ulcer. i'm starting to get cramps and being a truck driver thats dangerouse as heck. i took nexium for 3 months and it helped. i usualy take a zantac (GIMMI BACK MY ZANTAC) when symtoms occur. with a peptol bismal chaser. had an attack yesterday after stuffing my face with pork rinds. everybody was about to give me my last rights. i sat up and sipped water. mom's old remedy. mom also says milk of magnesia is the best thing for your ulcer. i have tried alot of things. peanut-butter and honey, peanut-buter and bananas, oatmeal and bananas with cream and sugar all seem to be an elixer. my latest remedy is to take a laxative that you drink. natural psylium seed fibre. METAMUCIL dont laugh. its realy inexpensive like $14 for 72 doses you just stur it in water and drink it. then it sort of solidifies in your belly giving you the feeling of being full. hits the spot in other words. then you eat less and lose wieght and the blood flows again. my doctor says to use whole-wheat bread, but mom says that is whats causing the the heartburn so there can be no bread. soda crackers and lowfat milk are for breakfast. oatmeal with bananas for lunch and frozen pizza for dinner. i love beans with butter and brown sugar. no jalapenos pepers if you please. buy top ramen by the case and drink your METAMUCIL not coffee, tea, or alchohol. the doctor only wants your money. bru

I simpathise with all of you. I started having a lot of burning pain in my stomach after about 5 years of smoking and few cups of coffee a day. THe situation precipitated when I started going out on weekends and having few drinks. I can not say I was excessive. Nonthe less I started having burning pain in my stomach, thus could not sleep and had to eat often to get acid absorbed. Gastroscopy did not find ulcer but mild gastritis (inflammation of stomach). over the counter antiacids did not help. Only nexium did which I took for 3 years. During those 3 years I had to change my lifestyle and diet which I am still following today. Small quantities of garlic and onion are fine. Very little chili once a week and a glass of alcoholic drink a week are all I can tolerate. No caffeine and no tannins from tea. This translates into 1 cup of decaffeinated coffee a day. No tea except for roibush tea. Sometimes I can not help it, I get bored drinking water and roibush tea and drink a bit of decaf tea or green tea. Unfortunately as soon as I do that i get pinching pains below below my ribs in stomach area....I gave up while a go to find a cure for this. Only with diet and lifestyle change I am able to manage my pains. I wish I could be like my old friends enjoy spicy foods and few drinks on weekend.... My 'new' diet forced me to find new friends with healthy diet and lifestyle and I am happy now.

Good luck to you all!

[I have had problems with my stomach since I was 16. i am now 26 and the older I get the worse it gets. At night I start feeling really hot and my stomach starts hurting and it feels like something is pushing up into my throat. Last night I woke up with this feeling because I ran out of my Zantac 150 MG perscription medicine and ate chilli. Sometimes when it is that bad the only thing I can do is get it out. That consists of me and the toilet because the pain is so bad. It is not food or anything that comes up, it is acid from my stomach. This has given me a 2000 dollar dentist bill because it destoys your teeth. If I can catch it before it gets to bad I eat crackers with water. That seems to always help. I have had all the test ran and seen so many doctors and I am now going to see a specialist. One doctor says it is this, the other doctor don't know, it is really annoying. Anyways long story short I am still young and I do all that I am supposed to in working out,maintain you weight, eat right all that good stuff but I give up so I am going to ask the doctor to turn my stomach around. It could cure it and then it might not help but I want to be able to be normal, eat, and have a drink at night if I want without paying for it for a day or two.

quote="claudelle"]

hi i was searching yahoo to see if somehow my (our) stomach pain was related to pork.....(searched stomach pain pork result was "...pinching stomach pain... stuffing face with pork rinds...." ) because i realized that most (if not all- can't remember dinner for past year lol) of my episodes occur after eating pork, they got worse after i had my son (they started when i was 8 1/2 months pregnant, great grandmothers 100th b-day party we had pulled PORK barbecue sandwiches i'll never forget ha ha 1st child i thought i was in labor) and i was told it was gas (because of c-section) so i thought great i just have to deal with the pain til the gas dissipates, but i was told it would only last a month. well..... my son is now 6 months old and i STILL have the pain. it starts off slow and builds up til u start sweating and feeling like your gonna pass out it gets hard to breathe, then u feel sick, then it stops. and its like nothing ever happened. sometimes i throw up, sometimes it just passes. either way after the sick feeling is when it stops. it makes me so upset that i cry, just 3 days ago i had an episode, probably the worst one so far, i cried because i got sick and it took me 20 minutes to try to throw up a sausage biscuit. last night i came upon a startling revelation....... i had started having the same pain after eating biscuits and SAUSAGE gravy, then i started thinking about what i eat that could cause the pain...... and quite often i make pork chops, pork roast, chili (with sausage of course) spaghetti (italian sausage!) barbeque (pulled pork) and i just realized this morning....... my husband loves cubed steak and i make it at least once a week (or so i thought) but what i thought was cubed steak i realized that the sticker says PORK TENDERLOIN...... nice huh? so i am gonna lay off the pork 4 a while and see if that helps...

**edited by moderator**

might be your gallbladder

I realized that after eating pork I would get mild stomach pain. It would also seem as if I had a sharp pinch in one of my arms. I haven't eaten pork in a couple of years but every now and again I might eat something that was cooked with pork meat such as lina beans. What is going on?

Try fat free yogurt maybe even sheep yogurt... God bless guys ands gals

Hi ! I have had a problem for years not all times, but sometimes . I feel a pain in my stomach just under my stomach on the left side, its a deep pain inside and hurts more if I push in that area. I have no burning sensation when I urinate. It feels like I have swelling inside my stomach.

I have been off work for 3

I have been off work for 3 and half months with an intense stomach pain, under left rib. It starts mildly in the morning and by evening I'm in tears with the pain. The doctors have heavily medicated me every day and blood tests, gastroscopy and scans showed nothing.

I went to a Physiotherapist 2 weeks ago who specialises in abdo pains and I've seen a dramatic decrease in the intensity of pain. She explained that a burning pain can be a nerve pain from a hidden back problem. Also stomach pains could be abdominal wall adhesions. She gave me exercises to do and I'm back to work part time, seeing improvement every day. Thought I'd let you in on that secret cos I wish someone had told me months ago.