What is the role of urethral gland secretion in producing semen? I had urethritis few months ago and used antibiotics that were prescribed by my physician. How urethritis that once affected my glands can now affect semen production? I have no complications to develop erection and my sexual life has continued normally after infection. What if my glands were damaged during infection?

Semen is made in seminal vesicles, and the greatest amount is made there, about 50-80 percent. Prostate is next gland that has big role with its 13 to 30 percent and the part of urethral and bulbourethral glands are 2 to 5 percent. Personally I don’t think that your glands could be that destroyed when infection was healed and you’re asymptomatic now. If you have reasons to suspect, you should check your sperm account. It should be at least 20 million spermatozoids per millilitre.