Three months ago I suffered from bacterial inflammation of bladder and urethra. I felt discomfort while moving and urinating and sometimes pain in my renal region.
I went to see a doctor and he prescribed me Ciprofloxacin.
My inflammation was cured and I felt great but discomfort while urinating stayed. I don’t know what to do.
Is my infection really cured or not?
I tried again with Ciproflaxacin but it didn’t help?
What could it be?

I do believe that your primary infection is cured. But you didn’t know that discomfort on passing urine doesn’t have to be connected only with urinary infections.
Most severe cause is prostatitis. That is inflammation of prostate, gland located beneath the bladder that produces components of semen.
Very often prostitis is caused by some urinary infection and while urinary infection is cured as a main disease, no one thinks on prostate.
That’s why Ciproflaxacin didn’t help.
You should use Trimethoprim, best antibiotic prostate infections. You shouldn’t worry at all. You will be cured in about two weeks but in meantime – use your medicaments, take hot baths and no sex at all.
Good luck!

Hi
I have been diagnosed as having prosatitis and given ciproflaxin 500 mg 1 per day and volatrol 50mg.

Are you saying ciproflaxin is no good for the job as I have 6 months supply???

I am worried now please explain

regards
mackli95

It is obvious that this guy made a mistake. I wasn’t found to have prostatitis and I talked to my doctor about the matter.
He told me that ciproflaxin is also used for prostatitis but so can other antibiotics. The choice is made according to the results of culture of your prostattic secretion, which is usually taken out while performing prostate massage.

So, I am sure that your doctor prescribed the drug that suits you and your condition best.

The reason you were prescribed for so long is that sometimes antibiotics can’t reach the prostate tissue and then bacteria stays in for longer.

As for the things you can do for yourself, I hear that ejaculation is helpful because it helps clear the infection by draining the prostate and hot baths as well.

Thanks for reply much appreciated.

Mackli95

speaking of ciprofloxacin. you mean this is an antibiotic best prescribed for those with prostitis? it confuses me though because my husband was asked to take cipro for 7days 2x a day. I found some yellow discharge (not to mentin that he's alcoholic). On the second day of his medication ive noticed that discharge wasn;t there anymore but he has a mild fever. then until he finishes his medicine. He felt nothing anymore. So this could be prostitis? pls help.

Ciprofloxacin...

Can be prescribed for many other infections, not only Prostatitis, So by hime having that drug prescribed, you cannot assume thats what he has, unless of course he has been told thats what it is.

The other pointers concerning Prostatitis, is Urinating, slow Passing Urine, intermittant stoppages while passing Urine, Leakages during the night and during the day, Also Brownish Jelly like lumps in the semen, Or complete Urine retention altogether, from at the moment of writing this, i currently have a catheter fitted for that reason.

Also People get rather mixed up with Sistitis, as Some cases of Prostatitis have the similar problem of hurting/burning whilst passing Urine.

This is now my second time in hospital due to severe water retention inside 4 months, and not once did i have any burning sensation whilst passing urine, only sever pain in and around my lower bowel and the fact that my Urine flow was slowing till fully stopping slightly later.

Prostatitis is not always easily cured so im told by my consultant, in some cases of acute Prostatitis it can last for upto 12 to 18 months before being fully cured and in some cases lead to surgery to remove the Prostate if continual re-occurrences of it.

hi im a 28 male with prostitis for about 7 m now i have been on several differnt meds but notting seems to help is there anyone that can tell me outher stuff i may try to help this it making life :'( for me thanks

>>that means your husband suffered from gonnorhea, same as i.