I have had two urine tests for Chlymdia and gonorrhea...first was on Jan 12, three days after possible last exposure...negative after five months of sex with the same person...and the second was February 22...8 days after sex with the same person...both tests were negative...how accurate is urine testing and does it make a difference if i was mid tream as directed by the lab technician?

The urine testing is accurate but probably not as accurate as a culture test.

The mid stream is to ensure that you capture "clean" urine. The first part of the stream would have flushed the urethra and surrounding areas. It is unlikely to affect the STD test but it may have shown increased bacteria in the sample.

What is your concern about the two negative results? Are you still having symptoms?

No symptoms, I think they are being caused mentally because as soon as I start thinking about it the symptoms arise. I just keep reading stuff saying that the urine tests is not accurate and many people have had false negatives so it worries me. Thank you so much for your reply..I have been waiting for someone to respond. I found out that the person I was having sex with had sex with someone else.... after a brief one minute unprotected encounter with her so I got concerned...should i consider the two negatives as reliable considering I waited 8 days before i took the urine test, and it was my second urination of the day while waiting two hours to pee with midstream catch?

It can take 1-3 weeks after exposure to show up in the test. The swab would be the more accurate of the tests when testing early.

I would consider the tests valid. If you notice any itching or discharge then repeat the tests. Waiting 2 hours is recommended before taking the urine type test.