I was making out with my boy friend on the 15th of dec.
What is the best time to get a urine pregnancy test done?? 
just want to make sure
please help

Hi Dynamic,

You need to wait until your next period is due, or missed.  Testing early WILL result in a negative.

You can do them at home too.  Just by a test kit at a store.  Planned Parenthood, your doctor, and other family planning clinics can also do the test.

It is too early to test now.  If you are nervous, Plan B, an emergency contraceptive is available up to 72 hours.

Hope it helps.

the best time to get preganancy test is within4 weeks atleast.

Thank you medic -don but actully the thing is we dnt hav an intercourse!! like he had a condom on.... and he never ejaculated into me... though he stroked me with his boxers on... do u still think
there are any chances of conception??? i am very tensed....
also there were some instances when he was just lying next to me without his boxers and without a condom... and every time he was out he used to wash himself....
please help me out with my query.,.
are there any chances of coneption...?

please help me out with my query.,.
are there any chances of coneption...?

Reply l

please help me out with my query.,.

are there any chances of coneption...?

It's unlikely that you'd get pregnant if he didn't ejaculate in you. Sperm needs to get INTO your vagina, not just near it.

Hope it helps.

dear medic-dan...
i could not hold on since i was very anxious and i did my pregnancy test today i.e tuesday( i was physical with my b/f on the 15 of dec and did the test on 27th)
and the results turned out to be negative..... can i e rest assured that i am not pregnant?
thaank you..

No dynamic, you can't be assured.

When is/was your period due? Testing early, false negatives are common. Even when you are due sometimes it takes a few weeks more for the level of hCG, the hormone the test looks for, to be high enough to detect.

Did you also use your first morning urine? If you didn't, the test won't be as accurate as it could.

my periods are due on 10 of jan.
i did the test at 12 midnite. coz the instructions said that any sample urine sample would do
so now what should i do next?

Hi Dynamic,

It's too early. It will read negative - guaranteed.

Waiting until you are due on the 10th is what you need to do.

When you do test, use your first morning urine. It is more concentrated so will provide a more accurate result. It's not quantity of urine, it's the concentration that makes the results accurate.

If you notice any light spotting, very light bleeding, next week then you MAY be pregnant. That would be implantation bleeding. That would be the earliest clue. But you still need to wait for the test.

Hang in there.

Thank you Medic Dan....
Is it fine if i perform another test by the 4th of jan?
that is next week ?

and yaa i genrally pass little bit of blood in my urine when my periods are due that is about 4 or 3 days before i get my periods!!! so how do i differntiate between this and the implantation bleeding?

The 4th is early as well. You really need to wait.

It takes some time for the level of hormones, hCG, that the fetus makes to rise high enough to be detected. Testing early will give you a negative. Even the "test a week prior" tests have a lot of false negatives.

Wait.

As to the spotting, you may not be able to differentiate. Not all women get it either.

thank you soo much medic - dan!!