Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!


Hello. I'm 30 year old female and I have some questions about plants poisons. You will not believe what happened to me a couple of days ago.
During my regular running through the forest, one Saturday morning, I have bumped into a bush of poison ivy plants and at the almost same moment I have developed rash and small blisters on my legs.
I thought it is everything that could happen and didn’t pay too much attention on it, but by the time I got home, it only become worse.
My whole leg was swollen, red and covered with small blisters. Now, after 10 days, situation calmed down but I still want to know what caused so dramatic response.

Loading...


I know what caused so dramatic body response- the substance is called Urushiol. This oil is found in the leaves, roots, and twigs of Poison ivy, the Gingko tree or in the shells of brazil nuts.
You have probably been exposed to this poison before in you life, because I'm thinking you have probably developed an allergy to it.
In unexposed people red rash will appear between 8 and 72 hours after exposure. You didn’t know some facts about acting after exposure to this poison, because if you did you will know that first thing you needed to do is cleanse exposed skin with generous amounts of isopropyl.
The rash, blisters and itch normally disappear in 14 to 20 days without any treatment.
Reply

Loading...