I know that impetigo is a skin infection that is generally caused by some bacteria. One friend of mine told me that impetigo usually affects preschool and school age children. Reported cases were mostly in the summer months, so I have to hear more about this. My son has strange symptoms so I want to hear what exactly symptoms of impetigo are. I would appreciate any info that could help me recognize this condition if it occurs.

Impetigo is caused by one of two bacteria types, either group A streptococcus or staphylococcus aureus. Your child may be more likely to develop impetigo if his skin has already been irritated or injured by other skin problems. Those conditions that help impetigo infection are problems such as eczema, poison ivy, insect bites, or skin allergy to soap or makeup. When impetigo is caused by Group A streptococcus, it begins as tiny blisters as first impetigo symptom. These blisters eventually burst to reveal small wet patches of red skin that may weep fluid, and that is something you should be looking for. Gradually, a tan or yellowish-brown crust covers the affected area, so it looks like it has been coated with brown sugar or with honey. Impetigo that is not caused by Group A streptococcus is usually caused by Staphylococcus aureus,a s I already told you. This type of impetigo may cause larger fluid-containing blisters that first appear clear and later it could appear as cloudy. These blisters are more likely to stay intact longer on the skin without bursting, and you should know that impetigo might affect skin anywhere on the body. For now, you should know that impetigo is characterized by blisters that may burst, ooze fluid, and develop a honey-colored crust, it may itch, and it can be spread by scratching.

how do you help prevent the spread of impetago? Does impetago Have a burning feeling?

how do i know when it is getting better at the moment its yellow/honey colored crusted