I know my cousin is allergic to the poison oak and now I need some advice regarding poison ivy-what would be the first time reaction. The thing is that I would like to know what are the poison ivy prevention steps in order to avoid possible allergic reaction of my cousin-we just got back from the walk and I actually figured out we were in some area full of poison ivy so what is first time reaction? Thanks!

If I get it right you would like to hear what you should do to protect him from the possible poison ivy allergic reaction-well, make him take off all his clothes and shoes (wash them immediately), let him have shower with soap and even apply alcohol over the skin especially if the poison ivy first time reaction have already occurred such as swelling, redness, burning and itching sensations or blisters. Also rush with light red colored skin may happen to occur and in this case you may give him some over-the-counter though some more serious poison ivy first time reaction demands urgent medical care.