i've been dating the same guy for 3 years. for the first year or so we had lots of great sex. but for the last 1.5-2 yrs i've had trouble getting wet, i get nervous about having sex, and it usually hurts afterwards. I haven't been on birth control, and we've been using spermicide when we do have sex. Recently I've been bleeding after intercourse (bright red blood) and it is very painful for up to 72 hrs afterwards. I don't bleed easily, such as when masturbating or inserting spermicide, only after sex, and then only for a few hours to a couple of days.

I have had a UTI and a yeast infection before; it's not these things. I also have herpes 1, but I haven't seen any sores since I first got it a few years ago. I have an OBGYN appt but it's in 2wks. Does anyone know what might be wrong? What kind of diseases could it be, or perhaps it's psychosomatic? (I was raped 4 years ago.) Is there something that could be making the tissue in there especially thin or sensitive or something so it bleeds easier?

Hello there! I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with sex.
If there were only pain, I suppose it could be psychological. However, since you started bleeding after sex, I would suspect that something could be the matter.

For example, you said you are having problems getting wet. Well, this could be just the thing. Dry vagina and friction with penis could be causing the bleeding. Low levels of estrogen could be making your vaginal walls very thin and making it more prone to bleeding.

On the other hand, there are certain medical condition that could be causing bleeding after sex, as well as pain. One of them is endometriosis, a condition in which uterus lining grows elsewhere in stead of uterus. This condition could cause many symptoms and make a hell out of your love life, and your life in general. The problem is-there is no cure……..it could be controlled with bc pills though. Ovarian cysts could also cause all sorts of problems, starting from pain, cramping, bleeding during ovulation, periods and sex.

Sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia and gonorrhea could also cause bleeding but not the pain.

Development of cervical inflammation and abnormal cells growth on the cervix could cause after-sex bleeding but you will probably find out everything during your gynecological appointment.

I hope everything turns out just fine. Let me know how it went!

for the past 2-3 weeks everytime me and my husband have sex i bleed, just the other day i started haveing really bad cramps doring intercorse i know its not my period

I bleed sometimes after sex. I like my sex a little rough but not unusally so. I have fibroid tumers. ( two small ones intra muscular) They run in my family. ( grandmother, mother, sisters all had them) Could that be a possible cause? I thought they were in the uterus and would not cause bleeding after sex. I went to gyno six monthes and He checked for infections and there were none. He said the fibroids had gotten a little bigger in size but not much. Intercourse is not painful; It is hard to explain the bleeding to your partner.

i just started having sex, the first time was painful but i didnt bleed after that, about the 3erd or 4th time not exactley after sex but maby about a day after i started bleeding, nothing big just a little pink blood and it happend 3 days in a row at the exact same time i dont feel any pain i went to the doctor and found out nothing was rong but this happend again and it always happens right after my period about like 7 days it might be cause i have ssex during my period but that shoulnd matter right? please answer!!!!!!

Ok so I've been having sex with the same person for the last 3 years, he's not my b/f or anything, we just have a mutual understanding. For about the last 6 months we haven'y been engaging in sex. So last night we decided to go at it, and right after he discovered I was bleeding. I checked myself and found this to be true, I don't know what the bleeding means or even why I am bleeding....Can someone please help me out with an answer. Should I go to the doctor?

when i have sex i bleed after all the time.I did after my first time and all the time after that.i dont know whats rung with me should i go to a doc..........i scared my partner ask y im bleeding and i cant tell him cuz i dont know

I have been having sex for over a year and half, this was the first time it was "rough". I got off my period the day before, and 2 days after we had sex I started to bleed. Bright red...should i be worried or did i jsut tear something

ive been having a similar problem that i am very concerned about
i am not a virgin and every time i have sex with him i bleed
i bleed only when i go to the restroom and pee and clean myself...
i put a pad just in case but i never get it stained.....
the weird thing is that its only with this boyfriend i have because with my past boyfriend that nver happend.....
i dont know whats happening to me i am very scareed and i am 17 can someone help me

Are you sure that your boyfriend is faithful to you and has no std's?

hi! my boyfriend and i when were at the same place together are having sex 2-3x weekly. now that were 8-10hours a part we only got to have sex when i gets home every vacation thats twice or thrice a year and the last time we had sex is that i bleed. (red blood.) and i rarely go to the OB because they are telling me im too young to have these, to be like this. and rarely having a pap-smear bcause i dont like the Ob's asking my sex life

Get a new OB !!! Don't not go just because one made u uncomfortable. Don't put yourself at risk because of a bad obgyn. There are hundreds of AMAZING ones.
Also, not sure if this helps anyone but I've been having BRIGHT RED blood a day to 2 days after sex, sometimes with cramping, and I've noticed my cervix feels inflamed and different...
I've been looking up a lot and talked to my OB and she said its from the spermicide im using. Its irritating me baddd. Its like an allergic reaction to spermicide. Check it out everyone. I use a sponge and spermicide. Or a sponge that has spermicide in it.