I'm 22 years old and have only had one yeast infection before after antibiotics for an ear infection. Now about a month ago I was perscribed antibiotics for a sinus infection (which I think the pain was actually from a wisdom tooth). About half way through the 10 days of ran-cefprozil I started experiencing a small amount of itching and then 2 days after the course of antibiotics the  itching was worse and  I got the Canesten One night cream insert and did that and waited it out a week to see if things got any better. They didn't so I went into the hospital and explained it to the doctor and he perscribed me Flucozanole. I took that and the itching seemed to get better but didn't completely go away. Then I got my period and the itching wasn't really noticeable but it was still around and then the day after my period I had sex with my boyfriend and it was a little tender after sex which I figured was just because it had been since before the yeast infection treatment that we had had sex. Then the next day I still had itching and by the afternoon it was burning down there and I felt like I had to pee all the time and into the evening I was experiencing discomfort behind my pelvic area (i guess where my bladder was). So I went to a walk-in-clinic and did a urine sample and the doctor said my levels weren't clear as to whether I had a bladder infection or not. He gave me the Canesten Oral tab and a tube of flagystaten cream to use over 7days when I got home that night I noticed a lot more blood when I went to the washroom but it only happened that once. The next day the burning and bloated feeling started earlier in the day and I had almost like flakes of blood when I wiped so I ended up going home from work and going to a different clinic where I did another urine sample and she said I had a bladder infection. She didn't really help me any about the itching she said to continue to use the flagystaten and to come back in if things aren't back to normal in a couple of weeks.

This is extremely frustrating I am home from work because I just started the antibiotics last night (day 2 of flagystaten) and I was up really late because I felt like I had to pee all the time. It doesn't really burn when I pee however it does kind of have a strange feeling when the stream of urine stops and I am drinking lots of fluids and I got to the washroom frequently and some always comes out, I don't feel like it is enough for how much I have drank and then I feel bloated almost from drinking so much fluid. And of course the itching is still there I bought vagisil external cream to use during the day as well I have occasional itching it my butt crack but I'm not sure whether I'm simply paying too much attention to things . The itching in both areas is not unbearable but mearly annoying and I have the urge to scratch - hopefully vagisil is okay to use with a bladder infection I haven't seen anything that suggest otherwise.

When should I become more worried I have an appointment with my family doctor in 2.5 weeks and I will talk to her about all of this then and we have scheduled to have a pap done as well. I booked the appointment this week incase these issues don't go away so that I can figure out what is going on.

By the way through all of this and the 3 doctor's I have seen no one has actually looked down there. My boyfriend has become really concerned b.c. this has been about 3 weeks worth of issues.

Any insight from anyone would be greatful

By the way I haven't had any "cottage cheese" like discharge at all through this

I have similar symptoms except i slept with new partner and within 48 hours had been diagnosed with strep throat so i started the antibiotics and one day 2 i had a small itch by day 3 it was enough to know the on set of a yeast infection i didnt have cottage cheese discharge but little itty bitty white flakes as a light discharge so i assumed as it looked the same from a previous yeast infection to go buy the canestan/pill dual pack took pill and continued my antibiotics for strep. well the itch has not gone away - it is quite milder most times but now there are these little bumps that appeared last time in the vagina and outter lips with skin tearing maybe from itching but my vagina is so tense and tight and red it hurts doesnt burn when pee and no fowl smell just hurts to touch and i do everyday to check it out- im not used to this and wanna see whats going on down there if the bumps look weird- i hope its just a yeast infection but its scary not using protection- so stupid not worth this fear - i guess yeast infections are different for every body or i got something else ... ;(

I literally am I the EXACT same situation, (except we used protection so I'm pretty sure it's not an std) but I'm still worried. It's been like 2 weeks, and the itch will just not go away! I took canesten and I've been using the cream but it hasn't helped.

I think I have the same I'm 19 years old I have a child but two weeks ago I caught this bad bladder infection I haven't had sex for a long time but I'm still drinking coke I little bumps in my area and it still burns when I pee and I half to pee every few seconds no pain end were just ichy I shower every morning

Hi. I have chronic yeast infections. 8 years ago, when I was with my ex, I was 100% sure I had an std. my yeast infections were so bad and cansten wouldnt do sh*t. The oral and the inserts were usless. I use to sit in the tub with water and vinger to get some relief from the irritation.
I also have cystisis which causes bladder infection symptoms.
I literally was going out of my mind.

I FINALLY was referred to the gynocologist. I was swabbed and had blood work no std. she told me I was just one of those unlucky women whos PH balance is naturally more alkaline the acidic. She prescibed "boric acid capsules" and told me to take these inserts (you can get over the counter but need a script) for 5-7 days. It worked !!!!!!!!!

This is the only thing that will get rid of my yeast infections. I dont even try anything else but this. Also I use vagasil "ph balance" twice -three times a week in the shower.

For chronic bladder infections I used cyctic Q that must be ordered from the states. Its an herbal remedie and is about 50$ a bottle. Only thing that would ever work for my bladder infections. I went to tons of specialists for this as well and one as****e told me id "grow out of it". Who even says that. Anyways I hope this gives some people on this site a little insight that there is other treatment options for chrinic yeast infections. It cant be frustrating and take over your life.

I also had the same occurrence. The canesten just didn't work. Doctor didn't know what else to give me. Luckily I was speaking with a woman outside the medical center and she recommended proskin candida which I had never heard of. I bought it on-line and it worked just like she said it would. It costs over forty dollars but the relief it gave me was worth every penny plus there is still a large quantity left over.