for a while i have had reaccurant uti's and i go tho the doctors and get them treated now for the past week or so i have had itching around the vagina area and sex hurts and urinating afterwards burns and i have a mucous like discharge its kind of yellowish whitish color is this a yeast infection? and if so how do i treat it? someone told me honey works beter then some medicines is this true? and will it affect me in any way because i am pregnent is this common in pregnent people? how can I stop this pain and burning after urination

well i have a burning too and my vagina seems very swollen after i have sex im prego too for the 2nd time this never happened b4 maybe its a prego thing though, but it hurts

that is very weird im pregnant and am having the same symptoms even after a test for chlamydia and gonorrhea came back negative

really weird im pregnant too and having the same symptoms even after std tests came back negative

I have similar symptoms of itchiness and burning after sex the week before my period. Every month! My inclination is that it is a minor, reaccuring yeast infection set off by the chemical in balance of having sex and my impending period. However I am using the Nuva-ring for birth control which is supposed to be giving off an average dose of hormones until the week I remove it. So I shouldn't have shifting hormones should I?
If it is a yeast infection, I am afraid to treat it every month because I know of women who build up a resistance to the over the counter medication. Not to mention the fac thtat yeast infection meds are NASTY and I hate to use them...
Any suggestions?

i typed the same symptoms in and found this page. i haven't talked to the doc about it yet. im also two months pregnant. but last time i went i suspected a yeast infection and the doc said i was all clear. this time im almost postive its a yeast infection, what else could it be? i guess im hoping its a yeast infection and nothing more serious than that. i want my baby to be ok. glad im not the only one.. ive never felt like this before. after sex, i went to the bathroom, like normal, and it burned like hell! hopefully it'll go away... good luck

Greenish/Yellow dischage is usually a sign of Bacterial Vaginosis, a non-sexually transmitted infection that can sometimes be similar in symptoms to yeast. The difference though is that with yeast, you should notice a clumpy white discharge either coating your vulvar area (the outer vagina) or even coming out of you.

Also, antibiotics often cause yeast infections, because antibiotics kills all the normal bacteria inside of you that normally keep the healthy amounts of yeast in you in check.

While pregnant your PH levels fluctuate, and you can easily develop both Bacterial Vaginosis and Yeast Infections. You will need your gyno to take a culture/swab and look under a scope for you.

Good Luck!!!

i have not had my period for 2months and am having that yeast stuff the nurse told me it was yeast cause i told her how it felt but i really want to know if am pregrant my legs have been hurt a little and i sleep alot i mostly feeling like throw up when am around certain foods

or it could be a hormonal thing. i have something similar, plus have recurrent uti's. i'm clear of thrush and BV (plus have been tested for everything else) but i have read that women going thru menopause have dry, thin, itchy skin, and seeing as some of the other women on this post have this problem as specific times of the month, or when pregnant then hormones cld be the culprit.

i think u can get topical cream that contains estrogen....?

I am suffering badly from reaccurent yest and bacterial infections. I am not pregnant. I have been with my husband for 7 years. It seems that every time after I have sex, I get an infection and have to suffer for a week. This has been going on for 6 months now. My Dr's can not figure out what is going on and I'm tired of playing the guessing game. The last time this happened(last month)they even treated my husband, thinking that he gives it to me, but he doesn't. I am in my prime and want to have sex!!! I have another infection now, and it is the most painfull yet. I was in tears and screaming this morning in the shower. I can't take it anymore. This is very frustrateing because I would also love to try to have another baby. This also happened to me about 4 years ago. I kept getting reaccurent yeast and bacterial infections and, again my Dr could not figure it out. It simply just stopped on its own, after about a year, that time, of suffering from reaccurent infections. I just want my female parts to be normal and I just want to enjoy sex. My Dr. does not have a clue. I can not continue on like this. They say it's yeast most of the time, but I never have chunky stuff. My vagina is always red, swollen, and very painfull with burning and it feels like there are paper cuts and that really hurts. I have been on many medications. Mitro Gel sometimes works, temporalilly. Sometimes it only makes things worse. I need some proffesional advise. Please help. I am suffering badly. I was told that I have polups on my cervix. The Dr is not taking that seriously, and hasn't even mentioned that I should have it removed. Could that be causing this issue?

I have the same symtoms that you do. Earlier this year my husband of 6 yrs had a vasectomy.... I was so happy that I was finally going to be able to get off the dreaded pill. I stopped taking the pill in 08/06 and had my period, shortly thereafter I had my first yeast infection. I went to the Doc and was cured.... so I thought. We made love and the yeast came back. I went to the Doc again and was cured a second time. Again, we made love and now I an really swollen, itchy, but no cottage cheese stuff. What is wrong with me. Will I ever be cured.

I have the same thing. My gyn just tested me for ureaplasmic urealyticum. It is a specific test. You have to ask for that test. The urine dip culture was negative but this culture grew this bacteria in the lab in a few days. Apparently it can be carried a long time with no symptoms maybe years?. Please ask your doctor. Also the antibiotics cause yeast infections. Good luck.

Hi Im 17 and on the pill yasmin.. i forgot to take one and that night had unprotected sex and have been for about two weeks now. Im worried that i could be pregnant..Iv suddenly hav gotten syptoms of a yeast infection such as itching around the vagina and burning while i pee, but hav had no white discharge and i need advice of what this could b.. i am freaking out cause i dont know whats going on w my body..Plz help!!

I have been suffering with Candida for a few years now and the culprit is antibiotics which i have to take when i get my yearly sinus infections...alas what is a girl to do when her doctor is getting sick of treating her! I am living abroad and so I feel i need a second and third opinion anyway, as the healthcare system isn't the greatest here...but i came across something on the web about doing a detox and then using a product of natural herbs to get rid of the fungus (once and for all!) Look up Vitacleanse and see for yourself.

Ladies....The best thing to do for all of these problems, ie burning, yeast etc. I am a midwife and see this all the time. Stop drinking soda (even diet). Give up sugar (unless naturally occuring) for a month. Eat FRESH veggies and fruit, meat and eggs. NO MILK unless organic and only in moderation. If you can't eat fruit and veggies take Juice Plus capsules. Use as much organic foods as possible. Drink lots of water. In one month most of you will be healed up. If you can do some kind of cleanse, do it! NO FAST FOOD for one month.
Smile and Laugh you can get better with healthy foods!
For those of you on birth control pills or ring, consider a break for 3 months.