I started lightly rubbing the skin around my vulva about 2 days ago cause it felt itchy. When the itching started to become unbearable I took a mirror to take a look what was going on. When I looked I didn't know what I was looking for. The inside lip had a white filmy color. I rubbed it lightly to make the the itching go away because I didn't want to scratch it. The filmy stuff started peeling like it had been wet too long and a layer of skin was coming off. At first I thought i had a yeast infection because of the excessive itching and I tried yogurt overnight but the next day the itching just got worse. I don't think it was a yeast infection cause it only felt itchy not burning. So far most of the top layer have peeled itself off with a little help from me and a Q-tip and the itching has greatly reduced. The filmy skin stuff was also inside me. Is this normal or should I see my doctor soon? I've never had this before PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi there,

Defintely go and see a doctor asap. Whatever you do please do not irratate the area any more, this includes pealing it or rubbing, it will just become worse. You can find out whats wrong plus get prescribed the right treatment, you do not want to get it more infected by scratching etc... Hop this helps

i was wondering what your doctor said? I am having this same problem but I was wondering if I could skip the seeing the doctor part. I don't know what it could be other than a yeast infection because I am a virgin.

I have the same problem, I'm a bit scared because I've never seen this before. I'm a virgin as well, and anxious to know what's going on. Last week (Thursday, May 13, 2010) I started antibiotics when i got stitches on my toe, I noticed the itching and peeling soon after. Could the antibiotics have caused this? Please help, I'm desperate!!

Definitely go see a doc, instead of a yeast infection it could be a bacterial infection. You can get either as a virgin. Try not to stress about it! :-)

About 2 years ago, I began to experience the most intense itching around my labia. I saw three different GPs the first year and had numerous test for yeast infections and std. I had no yeast infection or std and was given some cortisone cream that did not help at all. The itching would kind of come and go, so I wasn't going crazy all of the time but, every few days I would feel like I wanted to claw my vagina to pieces. I controlled myself, but it was so difficult. About a year ago, I moved to a different city and went to a new GP who sent me to a specialist in gynecology, she examined me and said she would run some test but she was pretty sure that it was Lichen Slcerosis... yeah, lichen like the stuff that grows on rocks, it's called that because your skin eventually starts to look a little like the patterns seen in lichen. (not crusty or anything like that). She put me on a steroid cream and the itching stopped almost immediately. I found out that left untreated, lichen sclerosis can cause severe scarring of the vagina which can be painful and possibly permanent. There is no known cure at this time, so I am a bit concerned because steroids cannot be used indefinitely! LS may occur only in women over 40, I'm not sure, but you may want to ask your doctor about it if you can't find a cause for your extreme itching.

It is probably a yeast infection that can occur after taking antibiotics. You should go check with a doctor though.

I know how you feel, I am a virgin too and I have this, but when I went to my doctor she said she didn't see anything.

Yes it can be cause by antibiotic. They kill good & bad bacteria ..Wash your external genitalia with equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar to get rid of microorganisms and to soothe the itchiness.If you are suspecting a fungal or yeast infection, apply some yoghurt on your vagina to kill fungi. You can also take plenty of yogourt.

Omgoshhhhhh same here I kept going to my gyno she thought i was a freak having unprotected sex. But as my test continued to come back negative she then prescribed me a steroid cream. But Mannnn its $100. But I prefer it over this crazy itching anyday. I hope
It works. Btw I'm only 23.

Do you know what It is...I'm having the same problems

Any idea wat IT is? Im having the same issue

This is 100% cytolytic vaginosis. That white filmy stuff is cellular debris. The cells that make up the lining of the vagina are shedding. That happens inside and outside the vagina. I have this right now and I too put yogurt down there and it got worse (I was wrongly diagnosed with a yeast infection) I took diflucan pill, probiotics (lactobacillus) and monistat 7 and I made my problem much worse. CV is the opposite of a yeast infection. It's an overgrowth of good bacteria called lactobacillus. There is no yeast in your vagina. The only cure for this is to douche with baking soda. It's the only time a doctor will tell you to douche. 1-2 tablespoons baking soda with 4 cups water. Douche twice weekly for 2 weeks. I know this is old but it can help someone. I heard preseed lube works well for symptoms bc of the high ph in it.

Its Cytolytic Vaginosis

Its Cytolytic Vaginosis