My father has some problems but he is unwilling to talk about it. He was visiting the doctor last two week. But he does not wish to say what is troubling him. I have found his recipe and it says that he should take 4 dosages of valproic acid daily (1000 mg). What are the effects of this and what is it for?

Valproic acid are effective in treatment of simple or complex absence seizures, epilepsy or bipolar disorders. It can be used in situations like migraine headaches and schizophrenia. Valproic acid is chemical compound and it is believed that it affects the function of neurotransmitter GABA in human brain. It can be absorbed very fast after oral administration.