i`m 15 year`z old and i usaul smoke weed every single day since i started 2 year`z ago. in november i took a test & found out i have A.D.D. & that i should smoke on it becuase it`z mixing a stimulant & depressant. a doctor told me it could make me go temporarily crazy but nothing`z happened yet. should i stop taking adderal? cuz i woke stop smoking trees. some one help????? ?

Zoloft, huh? I've no experience with it but over the course of my life, back in jr. high, and all through high school I was prescribed things like ridalin for ADD and prozac for my supposed depression (only nut case who said I was depressed was some know-it-all shrink my ma made me see) I think I have a relatively happy life, anyway its all about you man. When on ridalin I became real spacey, they said this was just "focusing" but in class I felt like a drone staring at the board. I'm not sure if the case would have been diferent had I stopped baking, but I decided that I functioned, umm...more humanly without ridalin so I opted to stop. In high school, I tried prozac, I even stopped toking a little while while on it but felt no different. Started smoking and still Prozac didn't do nuthin (the weed got me high, but prozac nuthin) so I quit that to. I'm now in college, I work fine, and function normally at my job. I've decided that rockin the ganj was the only medication for me. So try it out, who knows zoloft may help, but I don't think herb will hace any substantial reprucusions (of course the duckin foctor will tell you stop, he's evil).
As for the ADD, personally I don't think it exists, just pay attention. ADD is nothing more than boredom and we all gots to deal. Thats why I bake!

:-P Responding to Author GanjRocker re ADD and Ridalin: I was Sexually Assaulted by my father when I was 11. As a kid I could not focus on anything I did in School and out of school. About 2 years ago I explained to my pcp about this problem, she prescribed me Ridalin and I never felt better in my life. I felt alive. I now could focus on things that I do and I do them Much better. I think you are incorrect when you state that ADD does not exist. I wish It was boredom but Its not. Going thru a traumatic situation can cause ADD. I'm proof of that.

It sounds like your doctor doesn't know jack about weed. The THC in Marijuana is NOT a depressant, it is a mild hallucinogen with depressant-like effects, (like the LSA/LSH alkaloids as opposed to LSD). The same goes for the other major cannabinoids such as THCV, Cannabinol, and Cannabidiol (CBD). Their effects on the brain are far different than those of "true" depressants such as benzodiazepines and barbiturates, which act by binding to certain receptors for the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA, increasing their affinity for this inhibitor (basically a biological control mechanism), thus increasing flow from the chloride ion channel that GABA regulates.

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the most prominent active ingredient in weed, is a strange chemical that is not yet fully understood. However, what we know about its mechanism of action is that it binds to certain, very unique receptors called cannabinoid receptors which are known for performing retrograde transmission; in other words, these receptors are able to fire their neurons backwards. When THC is present, it alters the way these special neurons fire. Somehow, this "misfiring" activates opioid pathways involving the μ receptors and their antagonists, triggering them to dump dopamine.

In other words, weed, which is classified as a hallucinogen because of the changes it makes to your brain's "wiring." It can also be thought of as a type of very subtle peripheral stimulant because of the selective dopamine releases it triggers. However, it is most certainly NOT a depressant in the technical sense of the word, even though it may seem like one when you're stoned. While prescription depressants, especially opiates, benzodiazepines, and barbiturates, can cause dangerous side effects when mixed with an amphetamine like Adderall, it is perfectly safe to smoke pot. In fact, used together in high amounts, the combo produces a very unique, dream-like euphoria and a damn nice body high (though I most certainly do NOT condone amphetamine abuse - When only slightly altered to be abused effectively, Adderall is a hell of a hard drug. It is mixture of 4 different types of speed and should be treated as such.)

Trust me, you're perfectly safe smoking weed on Adderall, even if you're on a whole lot. In fact, if you do ever take more Adderall than you can handle and you start to freak out into amphetamine psychosis or a panic attack (Or if you just feel like you're speeding too hard and need to come down), nothing evens you out faster and more completely than a few hits of some good weed. If your doctor told you smoking weed on Adderall can make you temporarily insane, he either has something against marijuana, was told by the government to tell people that, or is just simply full of sh*t. Weed doesn't make you crazy if you're on speed; it will help keep you from going crazy from being ON speed in the first goddamn place. You can trust me on this one.

i want to smoke weed but i dont know if it will affect the medication i am on.... help.....
i take adderal 30mg.
and celexa 20mg in morn. and night.

will it negatively affect me if i smoke it while on those medications??????

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly, replying to a 15 year old habitual weed smoker pointing out the effects of mixing adderal in larger than prescribed amounts is disgusting. grow the ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting** up, honestly. saying you dont condone something after describing it in such a glamerous light is radiculious...why even meantion that?; your not speaking to a peer drug user who's made their own informed decisions to ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting** themselves up... your talking to a kid. your impressing noone, simply tempting a kid who's already going to be exposed to enough ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**.

if you read this OP, take note of what the docter has to say. weed isnt the devil drug its sometimes made out to be, but it isnt the saint alot of people on forums like this suggest. take it from a habitual smoker, as i am myself, research what your docter has to say, speak to him openly (he's heard it all before) disagree with him based on your finding...challenge him, thats fine, thats fair. disregard him? think very carefuly, taking advice from a screen rather than a qualified professional is something you should take time and consider.

dont take advice or be impressed by a bunch of cyber crackheads. anything is fine in moderation, if you do anything too much it will abuse you...its a very fine line aswell. and to everyone spouting out this government ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**, granted, thats the case for some government funded research, adverts and general propaganda....docters are independent, they spent years in medical school and working their asses off to care for you. you wouldnt say their full of ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting** when your arms broken in 10 places and you need them fixing it, its the same for your brain and mind.

I have anxiety and I take Sertraline (Zoloft) and Hydroxyzine and I want to smoke weed. WIll this affect me?

Me thinking to smoke weeds ..... so tell would that going to be harmfulll for me...... or not at a first time only....??

HELP will it effect me im on intuniv 3 mg and focalin xr 30mg