i am not sure whether or not i have mulluscum, i was never tested but about a year ago a doc. said that i had it but he said it would not go away. I am having outbreaks and am taking valtrex because i had another doc say it could be herpes, can people confuse them? Should i get a culture to know what it really is, or does herpes and mulluscum have nothing to do with eachother and look totally different? could i have them both?

I can only make some guesses due to your description. As far as I know, mulluscum is there to stay until scraped off by a doc and herpes is the one that has outbreaks. Herpes looks like blisters that are filled with clear fluid and that may turn into crusts later while mulluscum looks like a pimple with something white in it that can be squeezed out.

Mulluscum is diagnosed by recognizing the symptoms but also a sample can be taken for biopsy.
Have you tested for HSV (herpes virus)?
It is highly unlikely that a dermatologist would confuse them, even if they appeared to be similar, I reckon they would perform a test.

In order to get rid of it, you should see a dermatologist again. However, herpes can’t be cured only symptoms can be removed and eradicated sooner by valtrex for example.

after unsafe sex i had a few red dots on the head of my penis about 4 days later which lasted around 2 days. then about 5 months later, i began to notice fainted red dots around the tip of the penis after masturbating.
what is it?