Hi, I need some advice regarding vegan diet. I have decided for a vegan way of life 5 year ago. It works great with me. But I have one dilemma now. I am pregnant and I dont know is vegan diet healthy for the baby, I mean, will I have some troubles because of that. I am three month pregnant and I am getting weight very slowly and that worries me a lot. Is vegan diet good for pregnancy?

I can tell you from my personal experience that the vegan diet is very healthy and it does not pose any threat in pregnancy. I am vegan and I have two perfectly normal kids. It is usual for vegans to start pregnancy with low weight gain. You should eat more or more times a day, eat food higher in fat and lower in bulk. Also soy milk shake is good for extra calories intake.

Banned
1 post

During pregnancy, protein is very essential for the growth of the baby and we all know that chicken, eggs, red meat and dairy products are rich sources of protein. But vegan peoples do not have to worry because a vegan diet is very healthy and is of risk-free for pregnant women. Food items such as legumes, soybeans, nuts, spinach, asparagus, corn, sweet potato, mushroom, etc. So, during pregnancy, you must have the proper knowledge about necessary nutrients and to know this you must visit an expert dietician to get help about the diet of plant-based foods.

_removed_