OK… as much as I hate to admit it, my wife was right. She tried for half a year to get me to go on the R&D cookie diet. I tried for about a week but gave up. I am a big man. Six foot and 260 lbs (at my worst) and I thought she was out of her mind when she wanted me to eat only 6 of those little cookies throughout the day and then one meal! I’ve been a quantity eater all my life and I needed more than that! I’m a big boy!

So I tried everything else to prove to her that I could lose weight on my own. I was going to prove that I could exercise it off! I was able to when I was younger. I bought the P90X program and started it faithfully but after 2 months I hadn’t lost any weight (I felt better but weighed the same). That was frustrating. I finally gave in and agreed to try the cookies again. I work at a location that feeds me and I don’t have a choice as to what they serve. I also work from 2pm to 10 pm so I used the cookies a little differently. I take a bag with me every day and eat 2 or 3 on my way to work (I leave at noon). Then I eat my meal at work around 4 or 5pm. Then I have 2 or 3 cookies later that evening and I make sure I eat 1 or 2 on my way home at night. Once home, I try my best to go to bead by midnight or 1AM and before I go snooping around the kitchen.

It took almost a month for me to break some of my habits. I’m doing really well now and I started the P90X program for the second time. I’ve actually lost 18 lbs in 2 months! I have been slowly going down in weight since then. I’m not real strict with my diet and I eat whatever is free at work. I usually eat more than 6 cookies each day (8 to 10). It took me about a month to get used to them. At the beginning I still ate a lot (and I mean a lot) at work but I have since tried to reduce it down to what a normal person would consider a single meal. I almost always no longer eat late at night when I get home from work and most of the time when I do, it’s something innocuous like a bowl of Fiber One and soy milk (my wife is a Vegan).

I keep a bag of the R&D Diet Cookies with me all the time now (usually in my truck). The diet cookie program has taught me portion control. It has taught me that I don’t have to eat all the time. It has taught me that I can stay satisfied simply on those silly little cookies! I never thought I would be on a cookie diet and I never thought they would actually work for me but here I am… living proof! My wife had super success on the cookies. I’m slower but I don’t try as hard as she does. But I now have a system (program?) that works for me and it’s easy enough for me to do without much thought.

I just wanted to share this with all of you in case you think it may help you.

I'll have to let my female friends know about this one, they're always after new diets lol

Wow!!!!
Thank you so much for your success story. Congratulations ! This is such a challenging topic for so many people. Your post will help many of them. The bottom line with losing weight is proper nutrition combined with calories in vs calories out. That portion control is key. Thank you again for sharing. Please keep us updated so that out community can continue to learn from and be encouraged by your experience. Best wishes.

This is really great. I have a cousin, and she is trying all sorts of diets, and nothing works for her. I will tell her about this one, and hope that has result like you. If you have something more to add to this, please do. I'm really interested to hearing more from you.

I agree. Where can people get more information about this diet? Other members might be interested. Again, congratulations to you. Please get back to us with some details and sources of information. It would be nice to see some research that has been done regarding this diet and the statistics. We look forward to hearing from you.

Hey guys, it's me again. I'm not sure I can post a website here but I will try. The cookies are at...

***edited by moderator***web addresses not allowed

Well! I guess I could post a website!
Anyway, here's my update...
I've lost an additional 6 lbs since my last post a little over a month ago. Like I said, I'm not doing the program real strict. I eat at work and this last month they had some stuff I just couldn't stay away from! They had ribs and BBQ chicken all in the same week! I start each day with the cookies. I will eat anywhere from 2 a day to 8 a day. I feel like I have my eating under control. There's not a doubt in my mind that if I was not using the cookies I would continue to gradually go up in weight.

Now the cookies are designed for quick weight loss, I just use them different. The idea is that you go on a very low calorie diet and use the cookies so that you are eating healthy and are never hungry. You quickly lose the weight you need to lose then go off of them and eat healthy and balanced. You can use the cookies occasionally so that you don't gain back the weight. That way you don't yo-yo because your regular diet is too slow and you give up in frustration and regain your weight.

Hope this helps!
Justin

Well this is some info. You are losing weight and still you are not even holding strictly to the diet. Very good experience. I think that many here will like this. And that will also have stories similar to yours.
Has anyone else tried this diet?
They are many out there that are searching for the way to lose weight, and hope that this is going to help them a lot.

Well, I guess I can't put a website here. Anyway... the name of the cookie is in my subject line and it is a dot com address so you should be able to go from there. The first page of the website talks about how a research scientist developed the cookie to combat hunger. Good luck!
Justin

Thanks again GiggleGirl. I'd also like to continue hearing about how the diet continues to work in your family. I'd like to know if the weight stays off. That's an important part of a diet....the rest of the story. You've been really great about continuing with your updates. Please don't stop. I hope that things will continue to go well with both of you and everybody else who's interested. Good luck to everyone! :-D

I have also used the R&D Diet Cookie. I started back in the middle of March and I LOVE them! It was easy for me to go on them and I have to say the weight loss has been quick and painless. I lost 30 lbs right off the bat. I'm in a kind of holding pattern right now. Too many weddings and family reunions going on. I have'nt gained any of it back! Yeah! I use the cookies to keep control by eating 1 or 2 every day (I start my day with them). I got this suggestion from their website. I can't wait until I can settle down and go after my last 20! I will let ya'll know. I noticed they are changing up their website and putting in more supporting information. It's really revolutionary... they advocate losing weight quickly instead of this yo-yo-ing we do when we try to lose it slowly. I know it works for me. When I see the scales dropping I tend to stick with it longer.
Bye
Cindy

OK, I guess maybe you figured out I'm not really "GiggleGirl"... I'm the husband of GiggleGirl... I just never bothered getting my own account here. Anyway..... an update...
I ended up losing a total of 30 lbs using the R&D Diet Cookies. I know that is short of my goal of around 50 lbs but I lose patience and I have to admit I love to eat. The good news is that I have kept the 30 lbs off! I guess the cookies forced me to admit that I have to eat fewer calories than I had been. I really recommend them. They made eating fewer calories really easy. I never felt hungry or deprived. I wish I could shout it from the mountain-tops! This product/program really works!

Hello "husband of giggle girl". I know exactly how you feel. I also lost 30 lbs on the R&D Diet Cookies. Actually I'm at 33 lbs now. It was pretty easy I have to admit. I've kept them off for almost a year now. I got rid of all my "fat" clothes! Happy for ya'!