Hi, I’ve been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries 2 years ago and I’ve been gaining weight steadily even before I got diagnosed. No matter how much I try to watch what I eat and be as active as I can with all my family and work obligations, the weight just doesn’t come off. probably my weight loss doesn't happen due to PCOS

That’s why I was thinking of trying Herbalife products, one of my friends is a full of praise for it and she definitely did lose weight. But what somewhat worries me, since I have PCOS and Herbalife contains soy which can have very high estrogen-like content, is that my hormonal disbalance will only get worse. If any of you ladies, especially with PCOS have tried Herbalife - did it affect your condition and how efficient is it in getting rid of excess fat?

Hi Stacy,

a friend of mine is Herbalife reseller and she has been using it for almost a year. When she started she had 80 kilos, and now is down to 58-60. So, I guess as far as weight loss is concerned, Herbalife does help you in losing weight.

However, you are right about soy content - soy does contain estrogen like substances that definitely can affect your PCOS if you were to take Herbalife for longer periods of time. Maybe the better option for you would be low calorie diet, together with at least some form of exercise,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

Hello Stacy, I tried using Herbalife for almost a month and in those 3 weeks I lost around 3 kilos, however while I was on Herbalife program I did experience spotting between my periods. I don't have PCOS, but that was the main reason why I stopped using it. And as far as long term weight loss with Herbalife is concerned, I guess you'd have to take it all the time to prevent the weight from coming back. Much more efficient and better for your overall health is the advice nikols gave you - change your lifestyle so that weight loss comes naturally. Even with Herbalife, you can't expect to spend the whole day, for example, sitting and watching TV, and give your metabolism a chance to start burning the excess fat.

I'm thinking I'll give the Herbalife a try, since it really seems to be effective. Of course, if I notice any weird changes when it comes to my period or hormones, I'll stop using it, but I think Herbalife might work out for me at least to jump start my weight loss.

Besides I'm already on birth control pills and I'm taking synthetic hormones that way, so maybe my worries about estrogen from soy in Herbalife shakes don't make too much sense. I'll see what happens, either way. 

Hello Ladies,

Herbalife has a product called Vanilla Flavored Allergen Free (No Soy) Protein shake mix. It is the ONLY protein shake product they have without soy. I have pcos and gave this a try a few months ago w/great success. As with any meal replacement based plan, it will take determination and self control.  I lost over 22 lbs in a matter of 3 months. I was making the shakes w/ Almond milk and replacing two meals per day with this. It worked to help me lose weight. However, the real problem that we are facing is when we decide that we want FOOD!

Herbalife became extremely boring after 2 months of the shakes. I wanted to enjoy the company of my friends at restuarants and enjoy my donuts and etc. This is typical of any new change we are trying to establish, especially if we have little will power (like I do). The issue is jumping back into old routines, craving sugary and salty foods, etc. You will gain every bit of the weight back.

So a few weeks ago, I started researching ways to add variety. I now enjoy the Vanilla shakes with chocolate almond milk, fruits and veggies. It is better for me and I can say that I see overall progress in how I crave foods. Give it a try. It is worth a try.

Hello Ladies,

What an interesting topic of Herbalife and PCOS. I was diagnosed with PCOS last month when I visited my doctor for fertility treatment. Discovering PCOS solved every mistery that I have been having all this while.. I.e increase in weight even though on diet and active lifestyle, long period cycle, acne, facial hair and infertility. 

Before knowing I have PCOS, I tried Herbalife as alternative to reduce weight. The first month I took Herbalife shake my period doesn't come and it worries me a lot because my period is alway regular (but long cycle). I talk to my friend who is the seller of Herbalife and she told me nothing to worry because my body is probably just adjusting from changing in lifestyle. I believed her and continued with Herbalife until I got married. Yes sucessfully reduced my weight. 

Another issue come, I can't get pregnant after almost 1 year of marriage and my period cycle was very irregular. So I go and see doctor and she confirmed that I have PCOS. Once knowing I have PCOS I immediately stop taking Herbalife and 1 months later i got my BFP~ Since i stop taking Herbalife, I go for Atkins diet to help control my weight and also help to reduce PCOS symptoms. 

In conclusion, Herbalife since it contains soy may have side effect on women with PCOS. Especially if you are TTC, try to avoid soy products as it may effect your ovulation.  

Dont take this product, very harmful for the PCOS patient, i have PCOS but had no problem at all, but when i started, in the first month only my ovulation cycle disturbed, but i continued because of unawreness, my menustrial cycle get disturbed and disturbed, my hairfall increase, skin was becoming black, and one day severe pain in left lower stomach, doctor diagnosed me again with incresed size of PCOS, Herbalife distributor is not having full knowledge of their product, i searched lot on internet and i came to know that soya isolate protein harm PCOS. These people want to earn money so they convince us, dont get convince.

Thank you for this advice

Herbalife is a very harmful product. I took it for a long time and I don't have PCOS but suffered harmful side effects. Irregular cycles, cysts, long periods of bleeding and still years later I still have problems.

Stacy they have an allergen free it's soy free I just switched out my soy based formula 1 shake thru my dt she took my soy based formula one aND is going to use the unused product I had left over today is my day one with it so I'll touch back about how it goes should take only a week to see some weightloss I have pcos

I also have pcos and was diagnosed years after feeling symptoms so the weight has been hard to lose. I've been wanting to try Herbalife as well but also worried about the soy in the product. Thank you so much for informing us on the shake without the soy. I will say, after doing lots of research, I found that the best diet for pcos is a vegan diet. They also say a low glycemic diet is recommended but I've seen more of an impact with a vegan diet, some have even reversed/cured the pcos... So I've made the decision to be vegan & so far so good. I'm still in the beginning stage of my transition, but for a year I had thought about it & meat & dairy had begun to gross me out & I noticed the impact it had on my body & skin so I believe i'm on the right track. I wish you all the best, & good luck on your journey!

Hi Stacy,

Were you able to receive positive result after trying Herbalife ? I am having the same doubts whether to go for it or not. Please let me know how did it work for you

Hi. Did you have any positive results?

hi do you think 24 shake is a good idea? thanks