Hello! I have heard or read somewhere (I cannot even remember where, but I know that was last year) something about Verapamil effects on kidney stones. Regarding the fact that I have these problems can you tell me something about this, off course, if you know something more then me. Thank you very much!

Hello! I can tell you that in past (few years ago) are done some tests which have shown that taking Verapamil after kidney stones removing helps to retain fragments much more easily and in shorter time. Also, it is found that Verapamil limits regrowth of residual fragments. Hope this helps you!

Hello Beatrix,

Since teddy has already answered your question I just wanted to add that Verapamil is used to treat high blood pressure. It is also used to control angina or chest pain.

Verapamil is in a class of medications which are commonly called calcium-channel blockers.

Basically what Verapamil is doing is that it relaxes blood vessels so the heart does not have to pump so hard and it also increases the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.  

It is also known that Verapamil has other uses but you should talk to your doctor about this and if you are suffering from kidney stones you should definitely consult with him before you do anything on your own.