hi I am 32, Living with vericocele for 20 years. Two years ago in a recruitment test i was diognosed with grade 3 vericocele. for two years I am depressed to a great deal to that sitiuation and now I have decided to surgically repair it. can any one help me to tell me that what are the chances after the procedure.
will my left testicle looks normal. will it resume to normal activity at this age.
will testosterone level becomes normal ?
what if I marry ?
may I be able to become father?
may I be able to sexually active like normal people. I havent been to sectual activity for my entire life due to various commitments .

Hi! I'm not a doctor but I did a small research and I found that varicocele could possibly affect sperm by increasing testicular temperature - at least that is one theory. Although most men with varicoceles are able to father children, there is abundant evidence that varicoceles are detrimental to male fertility. A study by the World Health Organization on over 9,000 men showed that varicoceles are commonly accompanied by decreased testicular volume, impaired sperm quality, and a decline in Leydig cell function. Another report by Johnson and colleagues showed that 70% of healthy, asymptomatic military recruits with palpable varicoceles had an abnormality on semen analysis. Furthermore, studies in animals and humans suggest that varicoceles cause progressive testicular damage over time. It appears that surgical repair of varicoceles not only halts this declines in testicular function but often reverses it. Whether the improvements in semen parameters, seen in 80% of men after varicocele ligation, translate into improved pregnancy and delivery rates has been a matter of ongoing controversy. Recent studies employing non-operated control groups clearly indicate that varicocelectomy does improve pregnancy rates. Some couples (with a young female partner)will decide to proceed with the varicocele surgery and see what happens. It is not a big surgery and recovery is pretty easy. If they don't get pregnant within 6-9 months after the surgery, the other treatment options such as insemination and/or IVF and ICSI are readily available. I hope this will help you.