Hi I am Currently diagnosed with grade 3 left vericocele. I have an appointment with my doctor with in few days. before going to the doctor I want to cleaify few questions in my mind.

Is it that kind of disease which may effect my sexual activity ? (I've never been to sexual activity in my 34 years of life)

Is it repairable to absolute normal level?

what is the best possible solution for its treatment?

hey there scorpion,

yes it is repairable via surgery, once it is repaired as i know sperm morphology should be about normal if not compleatly normal, and no this disease will not effect your sexual activity in terms of being able to achieve an erection and ejaculate but vericoceles do tend to effect the sperm morphology so in rare cases trying to have children can be more difficult but remember you still have another fully functioning testee so you will get plenty of normal sperm from that one.

i hope this helps,

if you could please respond back i would appreciate if since i have been having trouble with my email notifying me of new post updates

thanks ;-)

Thanks Alot Biomajor'10,

I am really grateful to you for your valuable reply.

I am now quite relaxed, but one thing I have missed in my previous chat, my left testicle is affected with vericocele but my right testicle is very small as compared to my left, it measures less then an inch and its not developed to normal . may be due to hormonal disturbances in my teenage because of vericocele. will it gain its normal shape and size after vericocele is fixed.

I hope your valueable reply will again guide me.

Hey Scorpion,

Have you ever got your rt testicle looked at? surely you have had some sort of physical examination for school or sports in the past correct?

why hasnt the doctor mentioned it before?
I doubt that correcting the vericocele will have any effect on making your testicle develope. was it an undecended testicle in the past?

thanks

Thanks Alot Biomajor'10 once again,

Well I was diagnosed with grade 3 vericocele while I was attempting to join Air Force in Final Medical Checkup. The specialist just write about the vericocele . once they got the disability they stop further investigation . so now I have decided to visit a doctor but I have measured it, its below the one inch mark in length . where as the normal range is 1.5 to 2.75 inches. I suspect due to vericocele atrophy in right testicle occured.

I didn't have any issue related to undecended testicle in the past?

hmmm well i dont see why a vericocele would cause atropy especially to a testicla that was not affected.

has this testicle always been small or did it grow durring puberty and then shrink??

have you tried having kids and have no luck or have you ever had a semen analysis done to test the quality of your semen with this small testicle and the vericocele?
thanks ;-)

Thanks Alot Biomajor'10 once again,

This testicle has always been small and I have never tried to have kids since I am not married and never been in sexual activity.

Well Biomajor'10 Now I soon see a doctor and do all the examination according to his prescription. Once again you I appreciate your ewffort as you healed me alot and I am pretty relaxed and ready to understand doctors verdict .

Bye XD

No problem Scorpian,

Im glad i could help.

If you think of it let me know what you find out from the doctor and what his prognisis is on fertility and such.
Good luck!!!!!
;-)