Hi, I have a condition called varicocele. It is characterized by enlargement of bag of skin that holds the testicles. I can’t decide between varicocele surgery and varicocele embolization. Do you know which method is better?

Hi, I heard that embolization has been successful at eliminating varicoceles. It is non-surgical treatment, which was helpful for thousands of men. After this procedure, you can continue with a normal life very soon. Embolization is often required, because it doesn’t include incisions in the scrotum and general anesthesia. Complications are possible, and they are usually bruising at the catheter site, low-grade backache, infection, loss of a testicle and nausea. Open surgery is most common treatment of varicoceles, and it involves general or local anesthetic. There are few approaches to the vein: through groin, abdomen and below the groin. The recovery after varicocele surgery doesn’t require lot of time, it usually takes couple of days.

I think this is what i have but my doctor has not said that is varicocele

I have a swollen line from the top of my penis going to the left testical. I have no lumps there and the doctor has found no lumps but my testicles are a bit red the normal.

Whats the procedure for varicocele

Go with the embolization. Trust me. ALOT less painful.

The best method is Microsurgical Surgery. Embolization will block off one of the veins (spermatic) that leads blood away from the testicle with a metal coil (or maybe tie it off by injecting alcohol, or an agent that will make it stick together and scar up) point is that vein will be blocked. If you are very active ask the doctor how it can limit your physical activity. You won't be able to do squats with heavy weight ever again, and some other excersize. There are more complications with typical open surgery, Hydrocele (fluid filling around your testicle) which even after surgery will still be there to some extent. I saw always do your research before you go under the knife, because you can't turn back the clock.

Embolization doesn't stop you from being able to do squats and heavy lifting. I have had both procedures done. I had surgery first and it failed. I then opted for embolization and it was successfull in getting rid of my varicocele. Embolization is a much simpler procedures then surgery and the recovery is so much easier. I was able to return to work the next day. I have been very active since the procedure including heavy weight training and have had no reoccurrence of the varicocele. G

Hey dan that outcome is awesome, which country were u operated on, and have your... Nut busts improved or become more studlike, are u 100 percent happy with the outcome

how much the embolization here in the philippines and what hospital thankz..

So I'm 29 and I went in for embolization as I have varicocele's both sides but the urologist after having a go couldn't actually get to the source. Apparently 1 in10 men don't have the route they use?!

I'm needing them dealt with and so surgery is on the cards.

1. Has anyone had this problem of no route?
2. Have you had surgery instead?
3. Is it better now?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Dan. How long did you wait after embolization to resume heavy lifting as I lift heavy squats, push press etc.