I had inguinal hernia repair surgery (right side) 8 months ago, and I am having problems ejaculating. It appears (and feels) as though I'm only getting half the discharge. It looks like the first few squirts are the full mix of sperm and other fluid, but after that the rest is just runny fluid (no sperm) that I have to squeeze out. I don't fully recall if this has not always been my volume, but I rarely ever had to squeeze it all out.

Another part of the problem after ejaculation, is that the right side of my scrotum feels full, slightly painful. There's also pain also above and to the right of the base of my penis. And I to feel numbness (pins and needles at times) in certain spots down my right leg.

If this were retrograde ejaculation, would I get the full feeling around my scrotum? Would I feel the numbness down my right leg?

Could ejaculatory duct obstruction cause these problems? Maybe a nerve is getting pinched by the ejaculatory duct becoming too full of semen? Can this occur with this surgery?

Could epididymitis cause these problems? Maybe a nerve is getting pinched by the epididymis being swollen? Would this occur only after ejaculation? Can this occur with this surgery?

Could the surgeon possibly have given me an accidental (partial) vasectomy, and the fluids have no place to go, so they just fill some empty space under my skin? Would there be more obvious symptoms (like pain and/or death) if this were the case?

I have the same type of problem; upon masturbation and the urge to ejaculate, the urge and pressure is more intense than before the open mesh surgery; but what comes out is only a few drops of clear liquid, sometimes colored brownish red with the first drop. The Dr has checked my prostate and blood and is of the opinion that there is no problem, possibly a light infection, and gave me Prostate antibiotic Jolyn for 8 days. Also his remark was, why do you care, without the semen it is much cleaner! However, the orgasm does not give the feeling of a real high, nor is there the real relaxation afterwards. Plus the next day I feel sensitivity in one of the two testicles and that side of the groin, the side changes from time to time; it also looks that after three days of the same my testivcles are larger....do the hormones produce sperm that accumlates when it cannot be discharged? Awaiting my blood test results/psa value and will follow up if anything is different. The interesting thing is that both testicles produce sperm and I had one side ingruinal hernia surgery several years ago and did not notice a significat difference, somewhat less sperm that I blamed to my age (at that time 66 yrs old). Now at 67 sperm completely stopped, so I suspect that the opposite side got blocked in the past as well, but the left side kept producing sperm.

This is pretty much what I faced. Repair of a right inguinal hernia, pain in the groin and down my right leg. loads of clear pre-cum, then a disappointing thick white cum dribble, like its not mixing properly. Genito-femoral Neuralgia they diagnosed me with. Tried a few nerve block injections with not much luck, then they sort of gave up. A year on and its still the same. Wish I'd never had the operation.

i have the same problem, following inguinal surgery

I have the same problem after right laprascopic inguinal hernia operation im 34yo its been almost a year still no recovery or explanation i get a pressure build up before ejaculation then just small amount of thick semen which has to be squeezed out which seems to be missing fluid like its not mixed properly wish I had never had the operation either looks like im not the only one.. can anyone with medical background give a possible explanation im thinking damage to the spermatic cord?

I had this surgery on the left side 10+ years ago. I experience the same things with just a trickle of semen coming out now. After the surgery the semen flow was ok, then each year it became less and less. Now it is just a few drops that trickles out. I also have softer erections. It is very depressing. Plus along my inner thigh on the side of the surgery the flesh is numb, so the surgeon obviously cut a nerve. I really needed the surgery, but I wish I knew about these potential surgery complications.

me to undergoing the same problem while ejaculating

Hi I'm 36 just had hernia surgery with mesh tried maturating Two weeks later and can't ejaculate

Hi, I'm 58 & had the hernia surgery on11/1/16 on my left side and did good with my surgery and sex until my Nuriogist Dr. Put me on flomax,& Cipro, now no ejaculation, pain, and a burning rat were I was cut, went for my 6weeks visit on 12/08/16 my Dr said everything was normal and I would probably feel this way for 6m/1yr I just don't shoot no cum, I did b4 the flomax, & Ciprofloxacin witch is a b blocker, I read that the flomax is the reason for no ejaculation(retrograde ejaculation) it's called, Good luck

hey there. I am around your age and 4 days after my surgery I was unable to ejaculate and had pain in the testes. How are you faring 9 months later??

I have the same problem.... 2 years ago had the surgery on my right side. Strong sense to ejaculate, but nothing shoots anymore, just dribbles and very little volume comes out compared to before. What is causing this? Can it be fixed? I'm 33

My experience is very similar, though specifically with the softer erections and a need for LOTS of stimulation to get to orgasm (semen amount seems to be ok). I often can't get to orgasm when having sex--just ends up being too much work! Same surgery 2 years ago, same side, same numbness on inner thigh, clear up to the base of my penis (and about 1/2 inch up the shaft). Doctor said he had to "sacrifice" a nerve, and that it was fairly common to have to do so. No talk at all about impact on sexual function. Obviously I have to wonder if the surgery had some impact on my condition. Anyone else with similar issues?

I wish a surgeon would comment here. It is very disheartening to go from lots of cum to a few drops after surgery.

had the surgery 3 yrs ago at 34 yrs old and still have not recovered prior surgery condition. Still just a small amount and does not coming out with force as before. Make me wish i never had the surgery or they would have told of the possible collertal damages, beside losing a nut (i did not).
Is there a fix to this problem?
Maybe an exercise to strenghten the muscles again????

hi, is there any improvement or the same problem still exist? i might be having the same issues and i had the surgery 1 week ago.