I was diagnosed with varicocele nearly 3 months ago. I have not gone through any operations yet and I dont feel too much pain with it but sometimes I feel some light pains. I have many questions in my mind that Im ashamed of asking my doctor, here are some:

I do masturbation nearly everyday, does that worsen my varicocele?
-

Are there any therapies or massages to delay the worsening of my varicocele?
-

Can I still do push ups, curl ups?
-

How much does it cost for a surgery (US or Philippines)?
-

How about Embolization (cost)?
-

What is the feeling when it is the time to repair it?
-

Any other websites you know where I can ask questions about this varicocele and can be responded?

I am just starting to explore as a teenager and I dont know what to do with my varicocele... To all who reads and relates with this, please respond with this. Thank You very much!

hey, there are many, many websites with information on varicoceles. I have a large varicocele myself. Masturbation does not affect it at all, neither does lifting weights. Also, surgery costs aprox. 7,000 but it is not necessary unless you are in real pain or your testicle starts to shrink

There is no "time to repair" it and many doctors don't like to do anything about it unless there's atrophy (shrinkage). I had an embolisation but I'm not sure how successful it was since there is a kind of...idk remans still there and the ocassional ache. However, embolisations are safer apparently that surgery and generally have high success rate so either I was a one off or this is normal and I am picky :-P

I found masturbation didn't really affect it, though a varicocele can affect heating/coolin of the testicles so you might get a little hotter down there

is this in peso? 7,000

Embo,ization is just a remedy for a failed varicocelectomy according to my urologist, i read somewhere hat masturbation may be one of the causes of varicoceles

im 14 years old and had got this checked on... they said i can have surgery but really not that needed.. and im wondering if it oks if the right nut hangs lower?

i had operation on june 22 2012 at St. Luke's Hospital Global City... i paid around P33,000 for my operation and 3 days stay... if you want it cheaper, you can havethe operation on an outpatient procedure... yet, i recommend that you better have it on an inpatient procedure because it will be very difficult since you will be undergoing a maor operation.

how the operation goes? it is painful? im too scared with regard to operation also the cost of operation. andafter surgery their any possibilities for recurrent of the case 
thank you

Yes masturbation does affect my friend...Please have full knowledge about things like these... go to this link and read how it affects varicocele..

http://dherbs.com/articles/varicocele-151.html

exsem wrote:

it is cover all in 33 thousand? may i have your doctor number because my doctor said to me my operation is range 35-40k in provincial hospital here in antipolo. i hope you help me.

Ues is normal..

Don't worry but yiu need to tell a doctor

you know how much the cost of the operation? 

Dudes, i have a varicocele myself but not sure if Traditional Chinese Medicine aka "TCM" can help or not but when i search about TCM is it about the kidney due to some problems on some people that have bad circulation in the kidneys it create varicocele. They did the treatment on all the varicocele patient and success rate is about 70% on about 72 patients if i am not wrong. Well, it is alot cheaper than surgery and it is better than nothing. Better try.

im 14 as well and i have the same thing except its my left nut and yes my doctor said that it is completely normal

did your doctor said you need an operation?