Hi, I have dizziness lately. I had some occasional loss of balance recently, which I couldn’t explain. Now, I see it’s probably related to dizziness. What can be the reason for dizziness? Can symptom of dizziness be related to infection?

Hi, I had infection of balance center, in medical terminology it’s called Labyrinthitis or vestibular neuronitis. That is actually a viral infection of the vestibular nerve. The definition of vertigo is an illusion of moving and chronic or intermittent sensation of loss of balance. Many disease can be expressed with vertigo, but most commonly it is due to cold viruses, head trauma, or Meniere's disease. If one ear loses function in the balance system, the brain by comparing the two ears signals gets impression of motion. The brain gets different informations from two ears and that produces the feeling of spinning. This is commonly followed with nausea and vomiting. For several weeks afterward, it is common to feel a little bit off balance. Typically, after three to four weeks the balance returns to normal.