Hello. I'm 35 year old female and I would like to find out more about some health problems that I'm experiencing right now. Six months ago I have first time noticed that I had these nodules on my neck. I have contacted doctor about this and he told me that these are thyroid nodules and that they are pretty common. He did also some hormone testing and determined that everything is fine and that I shouldn’t be worried at all. No therapy is needed right now. But, these last couples of months I have also experienced some weigh gain and I was just wondering- is there any connection between this condition and weight gaining. Thanks!

Hello. I know some facts about this and I will gladly share them with you. Like your doctor told you- these thyroid nodules are very common. The biggest problem with them is that symptoms can vary a lot from person to person. Thyroid gland is producing thyroid hormones that are effecting on your metabolism level, increasing it. The truth is that having these nodules which are producing more thyroid hormone then normally you should experience weight loss, but there is no rule. Some people are experiencing hypothyroidism symptoms such as weight gain, fatigue, depression. So, you shouldn’t worry at all because of your symptoms and answer on your question is Yes- there is connection between this condition and weight gaining.

hi do you have an underactive or overactive throid?

the reason im asking is im 15 and just over a year ago i discovered i had an underactive throid.

i had severe fatigue (at my worst point i used to sleep 22/23 hours a day) and i gain lots of weight. even though i only had one very small meal i'd pile on the stones. also my hair started falling out, not to the point of a bald spot, but quite badly. another symptoms is stopping growing.

if your developing these symptoms or already have them and there getting worse i suggest you go back to your doctor as your probly at the stage of needing medication.

i hope this helped

nat

I have thyroid problem and taking medication, then too i am gaining weight. Especially in my biceps. I do want to know the best way to reduce weight in biceps and my over all weight and look slim.

I also have the experience in gaining weight! I was told I had a nodule 4 years ago, I had it checked just recently and it grew over a centimeter then I went for an aspiration 6 weeks later and it grew over 3 cm. But I certainly have the signs of hypothyroidism. I always workout eat really clean, yet cannot lose the 9 lbs..