Hello. I'm 45 year old male and just recently I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid gland. Before that I had big problems with controlling my body weight and weak metabolism.
That made me to contact my doctor. After some blood tests he determined that I have inactive thyroid and prescribed me some thyroxin supplement called Synthroid! I know that now supposedly I should loose weight but just isn’t my case. Although I'm feeling much better my weight is still the same. Is this meaning that my thyroid gland is totally inactive?

Hello. Your post made me thinking about your problem. To be honest with you it confused me a bit. If your doctor or endocrinologist prescribed the correct dose of thyroxin, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t lose weight. Have you tried to also eat less and maybe exercises few minutes a day? You didn’t mention when you started with this therapy but you should also understand one thing- treatment with thyroxin doesn’t result in an immediate recovery. You won’t believe but it can take up to nine months for the symptoms to improve and some people stopped with treatment not knowing this fact. Continue with this therapy and you will most surely face improvement of your symptoms!

Hi - just because you are now on synthroid does NOT mean you will automatically start to loose weight - it doe NOT work that way - sorry. That reply is not totally true. It is very difficult for most with hypo to loose weight......... low carb seems to work best