My older son has been diagnosed with ADHD a year ago. His doctor put him on Ritalin and the drug did help tremendously with his symptoms and made our lives a bit easier, however I am concerned about the long term effects of such drugs. The doc said that the benefits outweigh the risks but that didnt put my mind at ease. I heard about biofeedback being used in treatment of ADHD and I was wondering if anyone had any info about the results. I am also interested in where this kind of treatment could be found and how much it cost. Thank you

I have adopted a child from a family that abused substances and were also abusive and neglectful to their child. The kid who is now 12 has been put on Concerta and is getting significantly better. I did some research on biofeedback as well and found that the treatment has been found effective in studies. However, I have never met anyone who had undergone the treatment. Depending on where you lived, you should seek a clinic who does this kind of treatments and see if your son would benefit from it. I know that there are around 1500 clinics in USA that perform the treatments and that the cost ranges from $60 to $150 for an hour of session.