My grand daughter who is 10 years old has been on stimuliants for ADHD before she had hallucinations, always complained her stomach hurting her, loss of appetite, headaches, always irritable and aggressive. Two years ago she was taken off put on Intunvia a nonstimuliant was having hallucinations. Was taken off Intunvia due to hallucinations. She hasn't been on medication for about 4 months. Her neurologist wanted her too a psychiatrist so I took her. The psychiatrist wanted to put her on Focalin XR but the Phmarcy didn't have it in stock. I called told the psychiatrist office I was not going from phmarcy to pharmcy trying to find this medication so he changed to concerta. I personally don't want her on medication. She has been a lot of improvement since being off medication.

Hi Chris, I think ADHD can be overcome without taking any medications. Try to read articles about children with ADHD, it might help you to understand the behaviour of your granddaughter or you better consult it to her Psychiatrist for proper assessment.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of web addresses is not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I think you should consult first to an adhd psychiatrist or expert Chris. They are the ones who can really help you and suggest a ways of medication to your grand daughter or even a therapy. You can also try to look a clinic near your place. Try to search co'z I there is.