What all is birth control actually good for? I heard it good for more than prevented pregnancy I want to use it but don't know how to ask my mom I don't want her to think something is up what's the best way of going about it

Health Guru
Hi one of the most regular things it can be used for is to regulate periods and to help with period pain :-)

Depending on where you live you may be able to get birth control without your parents involvement. Family planning clinics or planned parenthood could be a start. Birth control can be used to control irregular or painful periods, for acne and a number of other conditions. But birth control may not be the doctors first choice of treatment for those things. It would be best if you can talk to your mum but that depends on the type of relationship you have with her. I would rather my daughter came to me and talked about it but I realise other parents would freak out. Also be aware that birth control pills do not protect against STDs. For that you need to use condoms or make sure you know about any sex partners sexual health status. All the best.