Hi! My father has a huge problem with his heart. He needs to prepare for triple bypass heart surgery. I’m really afraid. I’m trying to not to think about bad things that can happen to him, but it’s very hard. What
are my chances of surviving triple bypass heart surgery?

The triple bypass heart surgery is a very hard and very complicated operation. Also it’s a massive operation - involving two operation sites, one to open the chest and expose the heart, and the other to harvest a vein from the leg which is what is used to bypass the blocked arteries. But you have good chance of surviving. Good luck!

Hello there aryn441 ,

Well, if I have understood you correctly your father is having bad heart or better say clogged arteries and he needs triple bypass heart surgery. And you are worried how you will survive this surgery? Hm.. I presume that you wanted to write that you are wondering how big chances that your father survives this surgery and how will you handle all the waiting because this procedure will last few hours.

It is important that you stay calm because if you are stressed and afraid your father will probably notice that and you need to be support to him. Although this is very complicated and demanding procedure I believe that everything is going to be fine. Good luck.