My father had bypass surgery ten days ago. He was getting much better after it and everything was ok until now. He noticed that he had problem with memory and concentration. Is it normal for his condition? I think that it’s strange. Tell me more about strange symptoms following bypass surgery.

You don’t need to worry about that. There isn’t anything strange with your father. Problems with concentration and poor memory are the most common side effects of a successful procedure. My father also had this kind of problems after his surgery and after few months everything was ok. I wish you good luck!

my mom just had her bypass surgery 2wks ago. Everything seem find now all of a sudden she feels pain from her toes. Is that normal?

My Dad had his Bypass surgery 3 weeks ago.He has breathing problem some times.What could be the reason?

I had bypass on March 22ed this year,2010, and I don't know what kind of breathing issues you are talking about but it was painful for me to breath deep and it also seemed like my left lung had inflation issues for several months afterwards. I did do the breathing exercises and things got better when doing so, if I slacked off on doing them that is when I felt worse. If he continues to have issues I would make sure his cardiologist is aware of the problem!

Its a major surgery and there are many strange sensations that I have had during the recovery process, sometimes it would scare me then it would go away, I also think anxiety was part of the problem sometimes, I would over scrutinise things that were just part of the normal healing process.

Walking was the best thing for me, it got me up and going very fast.

I had this problem. I had fluid in my left lung that needed to be removed. An x-ray will reveal if this is his trouble. He should tell his surgeon or cardiologist. I felt much better after fluid was removed.