Hey everyone. My good friend Aisha had tripe coronary artery bypass graft. She is very young, she is only 47 but this didn’t change her life at all. She is like a lion and I really admire to her. But while she was resting and during her recovery process, she got some extra pounds and she is not feeling fine. Also, she is scared that this could cause a lot of issues to hear heart – again.

I want to help her. Do you know anything about dieting and exercising after triple CABG?

Is this possible and what exercises are the best for it?

Thank you.

Hey there. Sure you can exercise and follow some diet program even after triple bypass surgery. I believe that in this case doctors also will recommend you to eat clean, eat healthy and do some exercise. About diet program, it is very important to consult your nutritionist or your doctor about this. He will tell you which diet program is best for you. About exercising, it is easy – do something light, such as everyday walking or some easy cardio exercises.

Don’t force yourself.

You will get used on it very soon, it is not hard at all.

Enjoy and good luck!

It is definitely recommended. After this surgery most people can expect to experience a very significant improvement in symptoms like chest pain and breathlessness, and their heart attack risk will definitely be lowered. Now, it is very important to be aware that after coronary artery bypass graft is not a cure for coronary heart disease. If you don’t make any lifestyle changes you will not see that you are better. So diet program and exercising is something that is recommended for everyone.

Find what the best way to exercise is, don’t push yourself. Eat healthy and eat clean.

Good luck. 

Hey there.

Like somebody already told you, it is definitely recommended... Diet program is always an amazing idea when you are dealing with any heart issues. It doesn't matter how many coronary artery bypass did you have, it is important to move on. You should not be only in your bed because you are sick. No, you need to move on.

About types of exercises : I am sure that someone who is an expert can tell you what is the best according to your condition. But you can for example walk or run slowly. That is the best option.

Hello. I just came in here to share my experience with you. I had two coronary artery bypass graft in four months. My recovery process was extremely hard. It is not safe at all - we all do know that this is a very hard surgery. I had a good friend and she was always consulting me in those things about heart health. She told me that I can't do any exercises because it can affect my heart very hard ant it can be fatal for me. She never told me anything about this diet. Now I am reading all your posts and I am wondering - why did she told this to me?

I really cannot believe that she was capable of telling you that. I don't have idea why, to be honest with you. But you should know one thing - following some diet program does not mean that you necessarily need to lose your weight. You don't! Eliminating certain foods and groceries means that you want to start to live and eat in a healthy way. So, diet program is always a good option when you want to be healthy but if you cut out trans fats, fast foods, fried foods.

Again, I just can't see how slow walk or easy cardio can be harmful for your heart.