Hello, folks. My sister in law got second degree burns from the sun. She exposes too much. She reported to the doctor. I would like to know what the consequences of second degree burns might be. I hope my sister in law won’t experience any. Thank you for replying to my post.

Hello, there. Superficial second degree burns shouldn’t have any consequences at all. On the other hand, deep ones can. Scars are one of them. If the scar appears on some inconvenient spot like joint, then there is a limited movement of this joint. Infection is also common complication. Fluid loss is also possible. If the burns are spread, then shock may appear. But it is good that your sister in law reported to the doctor’s. That diminishes the possibility of complications appearing. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!