Hello, folks. My friend has just gotten second degree burns. I would like to help, so I would ask what steps to follow when it comes to second degree burns. Should he check with the doctor? What do you think? I would really appreciate all your help. Thanks in advance. Bye!

Hi, there. First thing is to stop the exposure. If it is caused by powder, clean it off. You should also use clean water for rinsing the wounds. This water shouldn’t be cold or ice, especially if the burns are extensive. If there are blisters, try not to break them. You should remove tight clothes from affected area, jewelry as well. Don’t put remedies on your own on the wound (butter, ointments, grease, petroleum jelly…). However, I think your friend should visit a doctor. Second degree burns can be serious and doctor should decide about further treatment. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!