Hello, guys. My friend got some second degree burns and she was hospitalized. Her mother is in honey business. She would like to treat her daughter’s burns with honey. I would like to know whether this is accurate or not. I haven’t heard before about this kind of treatment. Bye, guys!

Hello. I have heard about second degree burns treatment with honey. Of course, this doesn’t exclude anyone from a visit a doctor. The usual treatment mustn’t be skipped. This should be an additional treatment. Usually, one or two teaspoons of honey are used. It is put on sterile gauze and it is put on the burn as the first layer. It acts anti-bacterially and it doesn’t stick to the wound. Removing is painless. Honey gauzes should be changed every 12 hours. Between changing, the wound should be rinsed with water.

sCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE IS THERE FOR USE OF HONEY IN BURNS. tHE CENTRE FOR CONTROL OF DISEASES , Atlanta has recommended its juse. P0ut honey 10-15 ml. and cover it with gauze and bandage. Change it daily. LIKELY TO HEAL WITHIN 7 DAYS.