Hello, folks. I would like to ask you a question. My neighbors' kid has been recently diagnosed a cerebral atrophy. I must admit that I don't know much about the disease. I am especially interested in the treatment of this condition. Thanks in advance for all your information regarding to this matter.

Hello, there. I wouldn't call cerebral atrophy a disease. It is more a condition. It is a result of various diseases like epilepsy, leukodystrophies, infections, multiple sclerosis, stroke, trauma, Alzheimer's disease and others. The etiology of these diseases is variable. Depending of which disease has caused cerebral atrophy at your neighbors' kid, there will be a specific treatment. In most cases, therapy is symptomatic and supportive. In same cases, symptoms can be decreased. An individual approach is better. I hope this kid will be better. Good luck!

Hello sir,My3 _now grown up sons ,at the early age of 8 yrs had started losing their eye sight slowly slowly and they have now reached the nullity point.During this time at the age of around 11 yrs one of the twins brother had seizures on occassionally basis &when he became out of control he was admitted in nrrsing home under close watch&monittoring by Neuro physician at Kanpur-UP STATE in INdia.
In early years he used to have frequent fits.
identically the other twin brother had the same experience followed with FITS
The eldest son now32yrs after losing his visin now compleatly impaired ,also had the fits but at a very late stage comparing to his twin brothers.
All having lost complete vision have now occassional fits for which following medicatio WITHOUT ANY BREAK for about 12 yrs now:-

VALPARIN CAPS
FRISIUM TBS
TOPAMAC
This is, as i am told is to arrest the recurrence of fits.
No other treatment ,as such has been subscribed
PRESENT SYMPTOMS
COMPLEAT LOSS OF BALACE WITHOUT MANNUAL AID THEY CANt STAND OR WALK
NO control over urine/Toilet
Litrally they have become totally paracites.
They cant express properly EXCEPT THAT THEY UNDERSTAND EVERY THING AND HEAR EVERY THING
Your kind advice will be a grat moral boosting to me to prepare mentally for future corse of action at this end
Thanks&regards, SHAH NAWAZ
PARENT OF CHILDREN[list=][/list]