an brain mri says I have frontal lobe atrophy. what does this mean. I only have frequent headaches.

o.O

HI , My MRI said the same thing, I don't have an answer, but when I find one, I will let you know!!

Hello there,

Well your condition can be quite serious. This is impairment of the brain and it can mean that you are suffering from wide range of diseases. It can also be consequence of a head trauma. It is important to do additional testing to find out what is the cause of your condition. This part of your brain has a big role when it comes to the speech, social behavior, motivation, planning etc.

Although most of the doctors believe that underlying cause of frontal lobe disorder is usually tumor, degenerative disease, neurosurgery and cerebrovascular disease it can also happen that this condition is result of  psychiatric condition such as antisocial personality disorder, schizophrenia and attention deficit disorder.

What was your final diagnosis? Imy MRI reort satiated I have pr ominent left temporal node atrophy. I do nt have any sympt oms.. Just the typical forgetfulness of a 58year old. I am going for further testing shortly.

although carver gives many very serious possibilities, there is one simple thing that was left out.

the atrophy can be scar tissue that results from mild, medium or serious trauma. it is possible that there is no disease, but perhaps resulting in some form of brain damage - slight or major depending on the situation.

I know I have had several head traumas of varying degrees. I do not think I have a disease. just the usual wear and tear of an active lifestyle. I have memory trouble, words, short term memory loss, different things. and headaches. it's life.

it can be more serious, but this is my own diagnosis. I don't know about left temporal node. God bless your search, and good health to you.

Have you had MRI testing? And if so, what were your results? You brought up some interesting information, since as a child I had learning disabilities and ADHD which hadn't been diagnosed.

Thanks

Hi I was just diagnosed with genralized brain atrophy meaning all over. I think forntal is partial. Dr says mine caused from alzheimers and I'm only 50

I liked this response. I have mild frontal lobe atrophy, going to be 65 soon. I dealt with breast cancer in 07 and all that goes with it, lost one breast and didnt get recon, yet. So I go to the neurologist tomorrow for an opinion and so far the symptoms are unnoticeable.

I was diagnosed three months ago and i am still reeling from it. We traced it back to Traumatic Brain Injury when I was 5 years old thru 14. I started showing signs at about 40 and they treated me for depression. Once we got the MRI my life changed as has yours. It hasn't been tested yet, however, I will say it now..cannabis helps...clears confusion, relaxes my nerves and my brain. I think better and behave better. Be careful of over eating..it is a hallmark...unless one is anorexic as was I and I have lost my appetite. I think I am the only person who doesn't get the munchies. Good Luck and Bless you.