Hello, guys. My uncle had a heart attack last week. He got out, but I must admit that he was in a serious condition. I would like to know what happens to the heart after a heart attack. Can anyone help me with this? I will really appreciate all your replies. Bye, guys!

Coronary arteries are the ones that supply heart with blood and oxygen. If one has high cholesterol, there is a risk of developing atherosclerosis. In basic, it is a plaque that obstructs blood vessel. When it obstructs more than 80% of vessel’s lumen, then heart suffers because of the lack of oxygen and nutrients. It cannot work properly. As a result of that, a part of heart muscle tissue that was irrigated with obstructed artery, dies. It is called necrosis. This tissue dies. If this surface is larger, the heart cannot pump the blood into the organism and there is death. If the surface is not so big, then scar forms. A person survives, but he has to be extra careful. His heart will not function as it did before.