How do you know when your going to have your period? (I'm a girl, duh) I'm having a birthday party soon (pool party) and I need to know the signs of when my period is going to start! Please help! I don't want to be humiliated in front of my friends and boyfriend!

Your breasts will grow and then you'll get hair around your vagina. Tampons can go in water though, so don't worry. If your friends do find out, then it should be no big deal. They are your friends and should know that it is normal.

Hi there

About 6 months or so before getting her first period, a girl might notice an increased amount of clear vaginal discharge. This discharge is common. There's no need for a girl to worry about discharge unless it has a strong odor or causes itchiness.

When a girl first gets her period, doctors call it menarche. Menarche doesn't happen until all the parts of a girl's reproductive system have matured and are working together. There are other signs of puberty which are already mentioned above

Hello there. 

You can easily recognize it. Period signs are something that you can feel really easily. 

For example, you will have changes in your behavior, you will be tired, grumpy, nervous very often. Also, your appetite is going to increase and you will eat more than usually. You will eat more chocolate, cakes, etc. 

Observe your physical symptoms because they will tell you that your body is going through the changes as well. Your breasts are going to be bigger and your pubic hair will grow faster than usual. 

Those are the indicators. 

Thanks guys for that helpful information, but I'm 14 and already have my period, but I need to know the signs of having one so I'm aware, I'm just not confident enough to go into a pool with my friends until I know when I'm going to have my period. Thanks though, it was very helpful :)